Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Converting a Sig from DA/SA to DAK

Hello all,

As the title states, I am looking to convert a Sig P239 from DA/SA to DAK.

Has anyone done this on their own before? How hard is it to do?

I know some of you out there have done the conversion on your own and I would like your input on this.

I called Sig today and they of course can do it, but for $255 total, shipping included.

Any thoughts?

AG

(York County)

Default Re: Converting a Sig from DA/SA to DAK

I haven't done a DAK conversion. I have done a DAO to DA/SA conversion on a 229. If you have a little mechanical ability, it is easy.

The way to go is to buy a sig armorer's course DVD. I think I paid 40 bucks for the DVD, and of course, the cost of parts.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/cw-weapons/

They are produced and narrated by Chris Orndorff, a master sig armorer. The same DVD will do 9 different sigs. DVD shows complete disassembly and assembly of a Sig. A fantastic resource. I would buy the DVD before the parts. That way, if you are hesitant, you didn't waste your money on parts.

You could also check out the Sigforum.

Good luck

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There it is. The 239 is small, so it won't be as easy as the P226 in the video makes it look though,
    The M1. Smackin' the bastards since 1932.

(Beaver County)

Im looking to do the exact same thing only with the sig p-229. Where do you buy the Dak trigger parts?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by xx AG xx View Post
    Hello all,

As the title states, I am looking to convert a Sig P239 from DA/SA to DAK.

Has anyone done this on their own before? How hard is it to do?

I know some of you out there have done the conversion on your own and I would like your input on this.

I called Sig today and they of course can do it, but for $255 total, shipping included.

Any thoughts?

AG

Did you consider calling the Hanggunner in topton? I know Randy sells sig sauer and im sure he could put it in and i would think it would be cheaper then sending it into sig. Or if it is real easy he would most likely tell you how to do it. Thats what he did when i went in and asked im about the 3.5# ghost trigger connector for the glock you sold me. He said yea, i could do it but its real easy to do yourself and save you money, then he told me what to do.

(Allegheny County)

DAK ?

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    DAK ?

DAK = Double Action Kellerman -- The following explanation was taken from another forum--

DAK-(for Double Action Kellerman, after the designer of the system). When firing the pistol the first trigger pull is only 6.5 lbf (compared to 12 lbf for the standard DAO). After the pistol fires and the trigger is released forward the trigger has an intermediate reset point that is approximately halfway to the trigger at rest position. The trigger pull from this intermediate reset point is 8.5 lbf. If the trigger is released all the way forward, this will engage the primary trigger reset and have a trigger pull of 6.5 lbf. To engage the intermediate reset the trigger must be held to the rear while the slide is cycled, either manually or by the recoil of a round being fired.

In bare-bones description, the DAK mechanism provides a hammer-fired full-length double-action trigger pull, with complete repeat-strike capability, that is notably lighter than other full-length DAO pull mechanisms. Developed by the engineers at Sauer in Germany, the new DAK trigger system delivers a smooth, consistent 6.5-pound full-length trigger pull that is much closer to the weight of a Glock than any conventional DAO but also has complete restrike capability without any pretensioning or prestressing of the internal firing mechanism. There is nothing magical about the design; everything is accomplished by simple mechanical advantages in the trigger/hammer linkages. The key is that the engineers were able to extend the "leverage arm" of the hammer from the pivot point (like sitting farther from the fulcrum of a seesaw) so that less force is required from the trigger while remaining within the existing dimensions of the P226 and P229 frames. Externally, the only visible difference between a SIG DAK mechanism and a conventional SIG DAO mechanism is that the DAK trigger has a slightly slimmer profile and the DAK hammer sits completely within the frame when at rest, while the DAO hammer protrudes slightly. Other attractive features include the fact that the slide must be locked back and the magazine removed to disassemble, and it can be disassembled without having to pull the trigger.

AG

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigjrk View Post
    I haven't done a DAK conversion. I have done a DAO to DA/SA conversion on a 229. If you have a little mechanical ability, it is easy.

The way to go is to buy a sig armorer's course DVD. I think I paid 40 bucks for the DVD, and of course, the cost of parts.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/cw-weapons/

They are produced and narrated by Chris Orndorff, a master sig armorer. The same DVD will do 9 different sigs. DVD shows complete disassembly and assembly of a Sig. A fantastic resource. I would buy the DVD before the parts. That way, if you are hesitant, you didn't waste your money on parts.

You could also check out the Sigforum.

Good luck

Thanks.

I did check out the video and will be ordering one soon.

AG

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by CartBone69 View Post
    Did you consider calling the Hanggunner in topton? I know Randy sells sig sauer and im sure he could put it in and i would think it would be cheaper then sending it into sig. Or if it is real easy he would most likely tell you how to do it. Thats what he did when i went in and asked im about the 3.5# ghost trigger connector for the glock you sold me. He said yea, i could do it but its real easy to do yourself and save you money, then he told me what to do.

You know, I never thought of calling him. A friend of mine is really good friends with him, I think im gonna have to make a phone call and see what he says.

BTW, how's that Glock working out for ya?

AG

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by xx AG xx View Post
    You know, I never thought of calling him. A friend of mine is really good friends with him, I think im gonna have to make a phone call and see what he says.

BTW, how's that Glock working out for ya?

AG
    Its great, i love it! Its what i carry most of the time now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast