Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default am I wrong to blame my glock for sucking?

I've pretty much decided to trade in my glock this weekend. Feel free to try to talk me out of it if you think you can. Its a G34 that I bought new last year, my first glock. Since then I have put probably about 600-700 rounds out of it.

When I first shot it, it was shoot WAY WAY left. It has adjustable rear sights, so I moved them over as far right as possible. Now I can almost hit the bullseye if I aim slightly to the right.

Up to now I have assumed that its just a new gun and I just need to get used to it. However now after more than 600 rounds, Im ready to give up. I have shot if off a rest, as well as had other friends shoot it, and it always shoots to the left. I just bought a new Kel-Tec PF9, and it shoots straighter than my G34!!! The glock is very consistant, but I simply cant live with the rear sight so far to the right, it looks goofy and is hard to get on target quickly.

It seems like I am not the only one to experience this same problem, found many other people on the net describing the exact same thing, some of them competition shooters that own multiple glocks. What do you guys think? Ever heard of this before? This whole experience has really turned me off from pistol shooting. All this time I have been wondering why I cant shoot pistol well. I picked up my friend's 1911 last weekend and had no problem whatsoever.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: am I wrong to blame my glock for sucking?

I think one thing to try is another G34 to see if it happens with that one. I'm not an expert but it sounds like it could be a trigger pull issue. Due to the fact that each gun has a unique grip and trigger you might want to see if something about the grip and pull is negatively impacting your shooting. It might be that you are simply struggling to shoot that particular combo of grip and trigger.

(Philadelphia County)

I have never heard of a Glock, or pretty much any modern pistol, that is inherently inaccurate. Your problem sounds typical of trigger control issue. I'd add to that sight picture/alignment issue.

Have you shot other guns and how are you with those? Have you let someone else shoot your Glock? How experienced of a shooter are you?

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Bucks County)

As others mentioned it sounds more like a trigger control issues being that the are to the left, it seems like you might have to little finger on the trigger, or tightening up your grip right before the shot?

I mean it could be an accuracy issues caused by a bad barrel etc, but glocks can be an issue for some shooters not use to shooting a polymer frame gun and then try to blame the grip angle etc.

What kind of grip do you take?
    -try thumbs forward

To Little Trigger Finger?
    -focus on squeeze to the rear (pull the trigger slow and consistent directly back and it should almost be surprised when it goes off) JUST TO SEE HOW IT TURNS OUT

Try not to over tighten your grip on the gun

report back
    Last edited by Svickstc; January 6th, 2012 at 02:19 PM.

(Allegheny County)

I'll echo what everyone else will say. Left is a trigger pull issue. IE: you.

After 600 rounds though and sights getting moved.

Not so much. Maybe a sight picture issue. But it genuinely may just be the pistol.
    You can always send it back. Some geometry may just be off. Especially if you are fine with other guns.

i, like the previous posters, would have to say it sounds to me like you are having trigger pull issues.
    yeah, i am not from PA nor have i ever been to PA....still love reading this forum.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroZoku View Post

I picked up my friend's 1911 last weekend and had no problem whatsoever.
    Well, there ya go! Sell the Glock, get a 1911.

If it hasn't been mentioned, might be a trigger pull problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

It may just be the grips you're having problems with. As far as glocks go it seems people love them or hate them, and I think a lot of it is due to the thick/squarish feel of them. My 3rd gen. glock feels almost molded to my hand, but my brother can't stand the thing.

The new, gen4, models have interchangeable backstraps but I can't tell you if that would be any different.

I can offer you $300 for it...

(Lancaster County)

I have nothing zgainst Glock but after making final payment on the G17 I had on layaway I asked them to order an RIA tactical. 1911 what I know, what I prefer. I felt like a dick doing it though, they held the Glock for all but 90 days

What does your grip look like? Does it look something like this?

If not, take a picture and show us what your grip is. No, we won't ridicule you (well, maybe a little). I'm certain that myself or others can help. A proper grip on a Glock is what really puts a shooter ahead of the pack. If you are shooting left, I gather that your thumbs are not forward and that you may be putting a little extra 'umph' in it to compensate for recoil in order to obtain a quicker follow up sight picture and follow-up shot. Again, I'm not criticizing you, only speculating from what we're told.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast