Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: am I wrong to blame my glock for sucking?

Quote Originally Posted by 24/7dude View Post
    All Glocks shoot left. Some seem worse then others, mostly the full size models, but each one I've had (17, 19, 26, 22, 23, 27, 21, 30) I had to adjust the rear sight to the right. I thought it was just me until a shooting instructor told me this. Apparently they make them that way from the factory because the majority of people put too much finger on the trigger, instead of just using the tip/pad of your finger, so the gun will pull slightly right when you shoot. That's what I was told anyway.
    That is in correct. Think about it.

http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx...e_and_practice

I always shoot low and left. What's wrong with my Glock?
    There is nothing wrong with your Glock. Even if you shoot all your other guns dead on. The most likely culprit is poor trigger control caused by anticipation. If you've worked on your trigger control and still think the problem is the gun, let an experienced Glock owner shoot your gun and see if they have the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

I believe some guns are just not suited for some people. If i was you I'd get rid of that POS Glock. I have a ready solution rather then try to sell it for what you can get since its a POS, I'll give $200 for it, I know thats a bit high fpr a POS but I have 3 other Glocks that I shoot well with, I bet I can get that POS you got a good home. Now don't think you are taking advantage of me, I know what I'm doing, You know what they say about a fool and his money.

Get rid of that POS Glock who needs them!!!

Hey are those adjsutable night sight? I won't feel taken that bad if they are night sights. E mail me where I can pick it up.

$400 more dollars you could buy an M&P!!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    That's the same grip I've been using for years. That's not your problem. You're trigger pull it self may be the issue. Jerking makes you shoot left on a Glock. But if the shots are consistant, but way left no matter what you do...

It may be the gun.

Glock's are NOT hard to shoot accurately. Quite the contrary IMO. The first time I EVER had my G26 out... and I mean think about the sight radius here... I was on a 8x10 steel plate at 35 yards. First try. I hit it on the second try at 50yds.

I am not a pro pistol shooter either. My eyes suck. I'm not super steady. I would have one person who has no issues with Glock's and owns one shoot it before you make your final decision.
    Just to be sure. If they have the SAME issue. It's the gun.

456 - From what I gather if not a Pro you are a semi Pro or finish just out of the money. So lets be honest you are a pretty good shot with a Pistol or Rifle.
    I do agree Glocks are not that hard to shoot unless they are a POS that should cost more then $200 if you can find a sucker to get rid of it to..

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: am I wrong to blame my glock for sucking?

it seems pretty evident that glocks are not for you. no big deal just move onto something that does work for you. i know it is a pia to look for and change to another platform but this the way it goes. now you know why so many others here are so opinionated on their likes and dislikes. yes it is possible for your particular gun to be defective, but unlikely. if you want to be sure try someone else,s glock and see how you do. no need to feel bad just post in the classifieds and move on. good luck with your new choice, whatever it may be we all deserve something that works for us.

It is very unlikely that it is the gun. I have a G34 and find it to be very comfortable and very accurate even at 50 yards. My adult daughter was consistently shooting bulls-eyes at 7 yards and it was her very first time shooting a gun.

I would not believe any rumor that "all G34's shoot left."
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by longcall911 View Post
    I would not believe any rumor that "all G34's shoot left."
    ^ this sounded like conspiracy theories and bullshit to me as well.

Except he said "right" which makes me believe it even less, because the common situation is too much manipulation of the trigger twisting the gun in your hand and making the shot error left. Not right.

And thanks for the vote of confidence Neko. I still say I'm 'just ok'. And there are plenty of guys on here that would whip my ass silly. Especially some of the older guys that have been shooting as long as I've been around. I've never shot competitively at all actually. Everything I do is geared towards maintaining my ability to hit what I aim at quickly, at ranges I would expect to engage a threat. And lots of horsing around since I have private property to shoot on.

Shooting stuff is fun.

Although not so fun when things don't seem to be working out. We bring out lots of people. Friends, friends of friends... neighbors... co-workers... so I've seen people just NOT get along with a gun. Very rarely is it the gun. But I have seen it happen. And had it happen to me once. But that gun simply broke in my hand. And that's different.

(Delaware County)

Wondering how Valorius has missed this thread ......

(Monroe County)

Ill give you $300 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    I have never heard of a Glock, or pretty much any modern pistol, that is inherently inaccurate. Your problem sounds typical of trigger control issue. I'd add to that sight picture/alignment issue.

Have you shot other guns and how are you with those? Have you let someone else shoot your Glock? How experienced of a shooter are you?

Al

I've experienced modern handguns that had issues with sight regulation. You can fix elevation with a file but windage issues are harder to get sorted out. I've had to send one back to get the issue fixed by the factory.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

Wondering how Valorius has missed this thread ......

He'll be along shortly...
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast