Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default CZ 75 compact...is +P/+P+ okay?

I recently purchased a CZ75 Compact, and it has replaced my Beretta 96 as my primary carry. I have been doing a little research on 9mm +P/+P+, and was wondering if anyone knew if the CZ could handle this ammunition. Any help would be great.

Default Re: CZ 75 compact...is +P/+P+ okay?

I have read that CZ manuals do not give this information, yet a lot of CZ 75 owners respring their pistols from the 14 lb spring to a 16 or 17 lb one. Someone on TOS claims he has an 18.5 lb that works ok, but has the timing off just a bit. Mike Eagleshield of CZ-USA claims that a number of slide stops have broken on the 75 due to the hotter loads and using the stock 14 lb spring. I'd be giving CZ's CSD a call and ask them. It is my understanding their CS is top notch.

I have also read that the service life requirement for the 75 for certain LEO is 15,000 rds, this with +P ammo. You can always check the SAAMI designation for your pistol and check the pressures of the ammo you are looking to shoot. According to CZ, you should not exceed the standard SAAMI pressures. Some +P ammo may still fall under the maximum allowed pressure for your pistol.
    Last edited by harold63; January 5th, 2012 at 10:41 PM.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

Yeah I think I'll give em a call. do you have any suggestions for standard 9mm ammunition that will be good defense rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnybusiness View Post
    Yeah I think I'll give em a call. do you have any suggestions for standard 9mm ammunition that will be good defense rounds?
    There are a number of good defense ammos out there. Just start Googling and researching. FWIW, all of my 9mm HD magazines are stuffed with Hornaday Critical Defense 115 gr. rounds. Since I have a boat load of magazines, it took a few coins to get them all full, but I sleep better at night.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Allegheny County)

I would go with any of the rounds on this list, as long as they function reliably with your gun & magazines: http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19887

(York County)

read about the compact's aluminum framed brother...

http://www.cz-usa.com/press-releases/102/

The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
    The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

My P-01 and CZ-75 SEMICOMPACT are both chock full of Hornady Critical Defense...

(York County)

I recently purchased a CZ75 Compact, and it has replaced my Beretta 96 as my primary carry. I have been doing a little research on 9mm +P/+P+, and was wondering if anyone knew if the CZ could handle this ammunition. Any help would be great.
    As an owner of a CZ-75 SP-01, I can say that, yes, your 75 Compact should be able to handle +P and "+P+" (not an official designation) loads.

I routinely feed mine Winchester NATO loads, but the SP-01 is beefier than the 75B or 75 Compact, so I'm not 100% sure if yours would be okay with it.

I am not a fan of +P ammo, but for HP ammo, I would suggest going with whatever feeds well and is accurate through your pistol.

I would also suggest 124gr or 147gr. If you look at ballistic testing, heavier bullets tend to penetrate better.

I have 147gr HP's for home defense loaded in my 75b.