Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: CCI Velocitor

(Franklin County)

Default CCI Velocitor

Anyone try out this new CCI ammo?? Iv been testing CCI stinger, and its accurate, hella fast but frags pretty hard. Looking for something to hunt squirrels and rabbits with for my croc but the last thing I want is pieces of copper and lead all through the meat. The reviews I find of the velocitor is all good. Expands to 40 cal, pierces deep and is loaded pretty fast. Also appears to not frag.

Just would like some first hand knowledge before I buy any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Python73 View Post
    Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.Own what you like, like what you own.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: CCI Velocitor

It's a hard hitting .22 round. Travels around 1400fps out of a rifle and has a gold dot hollow point style bullet which does expand well if you use a rifle to get the velocity. The only thing Ive noticed is they do shoot different than my normal ammo that my rifle is sighted in for. Standard bulk pack fed 36gr hp's. The velocitors in my case hit about an inch left and an inch and a half high off POA. The stingers hit even higher. I'm guessing due to the lighter bullet and higher velocity. The velocitors are good rounds. But I've neve. Used them for small game. I've taken plenty of squirrel and my fall turkey with the bulk federal ammo. Never seen a need to spend more.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Luzerne County)

What he ^ said.
    Given the game that you intend to hunt, SV ammo will do the job as well at any distance you are apt to be hunting; SV tends to be more accurate that's why match rifle shooters use it. (There's a good reason that all that expensive match ammo is standard or subsonic velocity.)
    Pete
    “Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games.”Hemingway ...

(Monroe County)

For tree rats I've had good success also using CCI CB shorts and CB Longs. Small slow moving 29gr rounds going about 700 fps. But deadly quiet and won't scare other tree rats away. Works very well out to 35 yards. After that the drop like a rock. I aim 6 feet high just to hit a target at 100 yards. But under 35 they work well. Harder to find normally but they are out there.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Franklin County)

I think walmart had them. Might have to test them. If I can stay quite and rack up more squirrel, then get some faster ammo for a bit farther. I considered the aquilla thats crazy fast but CCI is better ammo, plus I heard ammo accuracy issues with the other stuff. The stinger is ruled out.. Will have to try velocitor and mini mag as well as the quite stuff.

Now to find an area with lots of squirrels. I want to fill up the freezer. My croc LOVES venison, hopefully she will love some tree rat

(Franklin County)

Ruled out two rounds from remington. Thunderbolt(my buddys lever action luv them) and golden bullet. At ~ 55 yards, I was unable to hit the target(fire extenguisher) above rates of 10%. Put some federal lightning it was a 100% hit rate