Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: 2012 Paperwork Timing

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Poop. Now I'm regretting not getting my ass in gear sooner. Poop.
    I'm with ya damn

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE IN MY BOOK. IT SHOULD TAKE NO LONGER THEN 90 DAYS PERIOD
    LOL, unacceptable? Then what are you going to do about it?

(York County)

I can see the first form 1 or 4 taking some time but the second should be put into the express lane.

Ideally you just pay the tax when you purchase the NFA item after the basic NICS call and the dealer puts the stamp on the receipt.

(Westmoreland County)

How many people do they have handling this stuff? I was talking to a guy the other day and he said they only have 9 people to take care of all NFA transfers. Is there any truth to that?

If that is indeed the case I would see a justified reason as to why it takes so long. That would also mean they should share a few jobs with qualified people to take some of their work load down and speed up our times!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by H22ate View Post
    How many people do they have handling this stuff? I was talking to a guy the other day and he said they only have 9 people to take care of all NFA transfers. Is there any truth to that?

If that is indeed the case I would see a justified reason as to why it takes so long. That would also mean they should share a few jobs with qualified people to take some of their work load down and speed up our times!
    Correct. One ATF examiner does multiple states. If you Google it, there's a list of examiners per state. These examiners also do the manufacturing, dealer to dealer and LEO forms as well. Form 3's generally only take about three weeks. Highly doubt they'll ever increase staff and/or speed up the process any other way.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Butler County)

They cash the checks pretty damn quick don't they?

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    Correct. One ATF examiner does multiple states. If you Google it, there's a list of examiners per state. These examiners also do the manufacturing, dealer to dealer and LEO forms as well. Form 3's generally only take about three weeks. Highly doubt they'll ever increase staff and/or speed up the process any other way.
    Well in that case I see why it takes so long..... still a bit rediculous IMO

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    LOL, unacceptable? Then what are you going to do about it?
    Well, seeing that just a few years ago they were 60-90 days. Lets get it back to this time frame.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TTR View Post
    They cash the checks pretty damn quick don't they?
    It's the gov't ain't it lol. =)

Quote Originally Posted by H22ate View Post
    Well in that case I see why it takes so long..... still a bit rediculous IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    Well, seeing that just a few years ago they were 60-90 days. Lets get it back to this time frame.

Yes, the examiners certainly have a lot on their plate. The number I last saw was 10 paper pushers, and a couple recently retired. That means they're looking at 7-8 people doing NFA paperwork for the whole country. Individuals, manufacturers, dealers. Form 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's. Several companies and people have wrote letters and made a call to action to try and persuade the NFA Branh to hire more examiners to expedite this process. They are also fighting for making suppressors AOW's to have a $5 transfer tax. That's a tough fight there. Funny thing is, I'd be willing to bet they spend a ton on labor just approving these forms with as long as it takes... If they simply used technology and devised a way to process everything faster they could only charge $5 and make up for it in shear volume. But then that would just make things toooo easy. =)
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
    It's the gov't ain't it lol. =)

Yes, the examiners certainly have a lot on their plate. The number I last saw was 10 paper pushers, and a couple recently retired. That means they're looking at 7-8 people doing NFA paperwork for the whole country. Individuals, manufacturers, dealers. Form 1's, 2's, 3's, 4's, 5's. Several companies and people have wrote letters and made a call to action to try and persuade the NFA Branh to hire more examiners to expedite this process. They are also fighting for making suppressors AOW's to have a $5 transfer tax. That's a tough fight there. Funny thing is, I'd be willing to bet they spend a ton on labor just approving these forms with as long as it takes... If they simply used technology and devised a way to process everything faster they could only charge $5 and make up for it in shear volume. But then that would just make things toooo easy. =)
    Right, but if they made suppressor only a $5 stamp they would obviously lose money, not to mention they would have alot bigger work load on their plate. I know I wouldnt be scarred to buy a few more due to the savings!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast