Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walther PPQ

Default Walther PPQ

Anyone have one of these yet? After seeing this, I'm thinking I need to add one to my stable, in .40S&W of course. And considering they are just at 500 bucks at Bud's, it seems hard to beat compared to other striker fired pistols.

It looks like a striker fired version of my HK P30.

PS I know some people don't like striker fired pistols..., but I do..., not the point of this thread.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Walther PPQ

I played around with one recently.

It reminds me of a a walther P99 with an improved Glock trigger.

Great Ergonomics, ( like the p30 or p99) and it shot well. I was shooting a 9mm version, but I don't think the 40 would be all that different.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Jefferson County)

The PPQ's are based upon the P99QA's, just that they are more refined gun.

The only bad thing I can say is that you will have to bend over and accept an anal raping for additional quality magazines. Expect to pay $50 per magazine if you want more(Walther and MecGar brands), the PPQ and P99/SW99 use the same mags. Dont waste money on the ProMag or USA Magazine pieces of crap.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Oh yeah good point. I am seeing holster pickings are slim right now too.

(Philadelphia County)

I had mine out at the range a few days ago. Based on what I've read so far this gun is living up to the hype. Fantastic ergos, sweet trigger and short reset. I shot it very well right out of the box. I'm really liking this one.

Walther mags are pricey but I have Sigs so it's not all that different. I paid in the low $40s for Walther mags and low $30s for Magnum Research Mags. The MR Eagle "Fast Action" is a copy of the PPQ and the mags are identical except for the fact that the Walther mags have orange followers. Otherwise they appear to be made by the same company.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    Oh yeah good point. I am seeing holster pickings are slim right now too.

The P99 never gained the following like Sig or Glock has, so there are less options for holsters. Galco makes a fine OWB holster for the P99 that will fit the PPQ, it is the Fletch series. For IWB, well - I don't know, I don't use that carry method.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I had mine out at the range a few days ago. Based on what I've read so far this gun is living up to the hype. Fantastic ergos, sweet trigger and short reset. I shot it very well right out of the box. I'm really liking this one.

Walther mags are pricey but I have Sigs so it's not all that different. I paid in the low $40s for Walther mags and low $30s for Magnum Research Mags. The MR Eagle "Fast Action" is a copy of the PPQ and the mags are identical except for the fact that the Walther mags have orange followers. Otherwise they appear to be made by the same company.
    Where did you get them at those prices? I've been holding off getting so P99 mags because of prices..

(Philadelphia County)

The Magnum Research mags are available directly from MR. I got these same mags a few weeks ago from manventureoutpost.com and I had a coupon code so they were even cheaper. MVO is out of stock at the moment (and it seems like the rest of the world is too).

I bought two Walther mags at Midway and had a coupon code for those too. I think they were priced at $46 but I got $5 off each.

If you're looking for P99 mags Midway has them on sale for $41.99 Promo code 1101171 should get you $10 off an order of $50 or more. You can also try coupon code 2131174 for the same discount.

Not all P99 mags are useable in the PPQ. Older style P99 mags won't work. Newer style mags (WAF65004) will work fine in the PPQ.

Also PM headed your way...

Thanks for the info fellas!

Well I ordered one from Bud's. I'll post pics and a review when I get it and get to take it to the range.

Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast