Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default should pa have training requirements to get ltcf?

their are a number of states that have these requirements set in place in order to obtain a ltcf/ccw but just a thought, would it be better if a training requirement was set in place in order to obtain a pa ltcf that atleast covered title 18 and reciprocity as well as safe gun handling and a live fire drill...

what do you guys think?

(Erie County)

Default Re: should pa have training requirements to get ltcf?

"Did he just say that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Jefferson County)

Not this again..

HELL NO!

Do you need a Bible School certificate to practice whatever religion you have faith in?

Screw those other states, let them change their own laws.

The ONLY way I'd be for training and all the other dog & pony show crap is if PA goes Constitutional Carry throughout the entire state, with the LTCF as an option.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by 350CI View Post
    their are a number of states that have these requirements set in place in order to obtain a ltcf/ccw but just a thought, would it be better if a training requirement was set in place in order to obtain a pa ltcf that atleast covered title 18 and reciprocity as well as safe gun handling and a live fire drill...

what do you guys think?
    Does the United States Constitution say anything about "... the right of the people who have undergone the prescribed training regimen to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"? Does the Pennsylvania state constitution say anything about training as a prerequisite to keeping and bearing arms?

Didn't think so.

I don't understand where you're coming from. Overall, the "gunny" community is trying to eliminate burdensome (and unconstitutional) requirements that infringe the 2nd Amendment. Are you in FAVOR of adding infringements in Pennsylvania?

(Venango County)

Do I think it should be required? No. There should be no requirement. However, I think many of us agree that training is always a good thing. I just don't feel that it should be needed to carry. Let alone any state issued licenses/permits.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.

(Cambria County)

Re: should pa have training requirements to get ltcf?

NO.

(Allegheny County)

what do you guys think?
    Should you get your LTCF, buy a gun, load it and say you are good to go? NO training and practice are essential and something every responsible firearms owners should undertake. Should be be legislated? NO.

However anyone who does not seek out some basic training weather formal or informal in safety, handling and marksmanship should reconsider weather they are responsible enough to own a firearm.

If there was some documentation of a significant number of law abiding citizens where getting into bad shoots I would entertain the idea of adding a training requirement. But that is not the case.

There is also a case to be made that all law abiding citizens should be able to carry without any type of licence. But that is a whole other thread.
    Last edited by QuackXP; January 3rd, 2012 at 08:01 PM.

(Franklin County)

That's simple, NO. Simply, no. Is training good? Yes. Can it help those with less training make a better grouping in a bad guy? Yes. Should it be required to get or carry the gun? No.

what do you guys think?
    As soon as you show me where in the Constitution that I have to have training to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights, I'll get on board. Until then, no, PA should NOT have a training requirement.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Allegheny County)

Training is very good, no question about that!
    But as a requirement ...NO
    It may end up being just another way for gov't to grab $$ from us (higher then higher then higher again!) and more hours - more training from their list of places....on and on it will go till it is so ridiculous that most people would not be able to satisfy the requirements ....this may be the plan from the antis......out of control and out of reach. There would be no stopping them once they start. (to add....and creating the LTCF was just the beginning !)

Absolutely NO.....

But any responsible gun owner knows that training is a good positive thing we can do for ourselves (and others) at our own discretion and choice of places.

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast