Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 1911 budget build from EFR

As you know I recently built a high 1911 in 357 sig from a fusion firearms kit and posted in in the pistols section. Had a blast shooting it this past weekend at EFGA in Pa. Anyhow that other thread why 1911's suck got me going and in the other thread I said because they suck I would have to do a budget 1911 pistol. Last week I ordered what I thought would be the cheapest and possibly the worst basic pistol to do this project with a Turkish 70 series 1911 from CDNN for $349.00 dollars. Boy did I get surprised with what I received a very tight basic GI stlye 70 series pistol with a nicely finished black exterior. Came with 1 mag, nice plastic pistol case and a very cheap trigger lock-maybe a 5 second to break kind. Anyhow the pistol is very nice ,we will shoot it tomorrow to check accuracy and function. After testing we will get some before pics and then the fun starts. I will bobtail this one give it some sight and trigger upgrades-minimal, and we will add an extended or ambi safety and a hi-rise beavertail. top it off with some 2 tone cerakote-black and gray. Last some cheap coco bolo grips to finish it of. The price range with out the cerakote should fall at about $600 t0 $650.00 range,so according to the other thread I should not stake my life on it- yeah? We will continue to post pics of the build as we go along. Brian /EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Default Re: 1911 budget build from EFR

Just got back from my initial shooting and accuracy,when i drove by the Lafayette bank in Wilson boro at 8:35 am this morning the temp reading on their sign was 14 degrees F. Got to Easton Fish and game an outdoor range at 8:51am,the plan was to shoot 100 rounds this morning but after 50 rounds I had frozen fingers and was having trouble loading the mags. The pistol performed flawlessly with the factory mag and 2 cheap metal form mags that I picked up for it. No failures of any kind in the cold and I have not even cleaned and lubed this pistol yet,took it out of its case wiped off the excess oil that was on it from factory and shot it till my fingers froze- packed up drove home and when I went back past the bank sign at 9:26 am the temp was 15 degrees. One thing that I did not mention yesterday was that is has a nicely chromed barrel. All shooting was done at 10 yards standing 2 hand hold while freezing. I think I will do the final testing at the new indoor range across town. Accuracy was excellent ,put many in the bullseye but as I got colder I was rapidly firing just to get thru one box of ammo and get back in the warm vehicle. At $349- thats dealer price this is a fantastic turkish 1911 pistol. I have been looking at Rock island 1911's for my boys because I am tired of prying my colt out of their hands at the range so I can shoot it and these will more than do the job. We will put up pistol and target pics toady and then start our low budget bobtail build on this pistol. I have got to get some more coffee and finish warming up Brian / EFR

Seems like the only thing that sucked was the weather. Ha.

Subscribed to see how this piece of junk turns out.

I'm pretty sure the Turkish pistol you got from CDNN is the same as the Regent 100 imported by Umarex USA. Does yours show who the importer is?

M1911.org recently reviewed it: http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=110
    Last edited by Greywolf; January 4th, 2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Typo

(Northampton County)

Yes it has similar markings and I must say I am impressed with the initial performance. The fit is very nice as is the finish, looks black they call it blued,and the function and accuracy so far excellent. I really would have like to put a minimum of 100 rounds thru it this morning put it was to fricken cold! After the build we will put at least 500 rounds thru it before carrying or selling the pistol. I dont put faith in firearms whose manufacturer's I am not familiar with until they have proven themselves after thorough range testing. So far I like this one and if it continues as it has today I would let my 2 sons each get one of these for their first 1911's to toy with. So far so good. Brian / EFR

(Bucks County)

Subbed, looking forward to the results!

(Northampton County)

Give me about a week and we will have a finished product, my son is working on the before pics now. The pistol is made by Trabzon Gun Industry Corp and imported by IAC Billerica I took that info off the very basic manuel that came with it. I would really like to shoot it one more time before I tear it down,by the way trigger pull was nice for a cheap pistol. Brian / EFR

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    The pistol is made by Trabzon Gun Industry Corp and imported by IAC Billerica
    Ahh.

Same gun as the Umarex, then. IAC was the original importer. Umarex USA took on the Regent 100 in 2011. I don't know if IAC continues to import them in parallel with Umerex, but I'm going to guess that, since CDNN is a liquidator, they probably bought up whatever stock IAC had and are clearing them out.

(Northampton County)

Your right CDNN is a liquidator they are also selling those para ttr rifles at$1399and when those first hit the market par was trying to get 2300 to 2700 for them,. If I get 500 trouble free rounds out of this one I will get 2 more for my sons to tinker with.

(Westmoreland County)

Very interested to see how this thing turns out.

Had the opportunity to handle a cheapo American Classic Commander the other day. The fit and finish were...outstanding to be honest. Enough so that I felt a little bad paying what I have for 1911's in the past.

Also to add: Just bought a SIG C3 1911. Only paid $766 so I hope it runs...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast