Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Mec-Gar

(Lehigh County)

Default Mec-Gar

Customer service sucks ass!

Three weeks ago, I emailed them to ask why my P226 would not lock open after last round ONLY when using the mec-gar mags? They did not always do this, but now it's ever time.
    My other "sig" (mec gar) mags work fine?

No answer, no response for two weeks, so I called them, guy I spoke to was polite, but simply said, it's your gun!
    Well, why does it not do it with the other mags? only my 4 18+2 mecgars? again he said it's your gun, is there anything else I can help you with?
    good bye!

I admire his conviction, but man does their CS blow!
    They don't sell springs or followers so I can't even do the detective work myself!

I should point out, these mags are all less than 5 months old.
    Gun is clean and slide lock moves free and easy. Slide won't stay open even when I rack it back with these mags.
    I'm kinda sure it's a mag spring issue, but mec-gar would not even consider it, my next call is to CDNN where I got them I guess?

Default Re: Mec-Gar

Probably not a spring issue if it is only the last round. Followers good with no burrs around the edges? Compare the mag lips to the ones that work like they are supposed to. May need to be adjusted a tic.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Probably not a spring issue if it is only the last round. Followers good with no burrs around the edges? Compare the mag lips to the ones that work like they are supposed to. May need to be adjusted a tic.
    Check the obvious, as well. Dirty at the top where the follower seats, followers in correctly, etc. I suppose since they did not used to do it, it may be the spring, but you would have had to have used them a shit ton.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Check the obvious, as well. Dirty at the top where the follower seats, followers in correctly, etc. I suppose since they did not used to do it, it may be the spring, but you would have had to have used them a shit ton.
    Mags are clean, I guess I could swap followers and springs to see if it's a mag or a spring issue

Quote Originally Posted by vapochilled View Post
    Mags are clean, I guess I could swap followers and springs to see if it's a mag or a spring issue
    If it still does it after swapping like you are talking about, I'd look a the mag lips, next. They can get tweaked from putting the mag in the well too hard or fast, thus keeping the follower from going all the way to the top, and it only takes a couple hundredths for the follower to not come up far enough to lock the slide back.

(Perry County)

If you need springs I'd contact Wolfe they know springs like Carter knows little liver pills.