Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Tioga County)

Default Tioga County OC'ing

Hope I didnt rock the boat to much by sending Sheriff Tom Young two emails. First one was notifying him that on the Sheriffs Office page of the tiogacountypa website it lists the LTCF (licence to carry firearm) as a "concealed weapons permit".

I informed him that PA does not issue a permit, but a licence. Also that no where on the licence do the words "concealed carry" even appear.

http://www.tiogacountypa.us/Departme...Pages/FAQ.aspx

It also uses the same wording "concealed weapons permit" in the "Information on PA Firearms" link.

I read the "Information on PA Firearms" link completely and it says NOTHING on the topic of open carry. So the second email I send was the Open Carry Memo found on the forum, just edited slightly. Which basicaly states that PA is an open carry state and goes in depth with UFA and C.S codes. Also talks about how officers are to conduct encounters with oc'ers. Touchs on "disorderly conduct" and "terroristic threats" as well. Great memo over all.

Waiting to hear back from him, if i even do. Wondering if anyone knows if hes gotten this before or how Tioga County police in general accept the law (or lack there of) on open carry. Im a Wellsboro resident.

My personal choice is CC most of the time with either my Taurus 1911 or my S&W .38 special. I just feel its a better tactical advantage conceaing it. Personal choice. However its still a right to OC and i wanna make sure its know.
    Last edited by Forklift; January 2nd, 2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: bad link