Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default OC memo send to Sheriff Young

Hope I didnt rock the boat to much by sending Sheriff Young two emails. First one was notifying him that on the Sheriffs Office page of the tiogacountypa website it lists the LTCF (licence to carry firearm) as a "concealed weapons permit".

I informed him that PA does not issue a permit, but a licence. Also that no where on the licence do the words "concealed carry" even appear.

http://www.tiogacountypa.us/Departme...Pages/FAQ.aspx

It also uses the same wording "concealed weapons permit" in the "Information on PA Firearms" link.

I read the "Information on PA Firearms" link completely and it says NOTHING on the topic of open carry. So the second email I send was the Open Carry Memo found on the forum, just edited slightly. Which basicaly states that PA is an open carry state and goes in depth with UFA and C.S codes. Also talks about how officers are to conduct encounters with oc'ers. Touchs on "disorderly conduct" and "terroristic threats" as well. Great memo over all.

Waiting to hear back from him, if i even do. Wondering if anyone knows if hes gotten this before or how Tioga County police in general accept the law (or lack there of) on open carry. Im a Wellsboro resident.

Ill also post this in the Concealed Carry forum as this thread isnt visited often.

Default Re: OC memo send to Sheriff Young

I don't get his whole thing there about NY A sheriff is supposed to issue to a resident of any state if that resident has a license/permit to carry from their home state...if that state does issue them.

First he says he'll issue only to residents of 2 counties in NY, then he says he won't issue to any NY resident.

And also, what is that sheriff's ID he mentions?

(Bucks County)

EFFECTIVE JANUARY 3RD 2011 THE TIOGA COUNTY SHERIFF WILL NO LONGER ISSUE L.T.C. TO ANY NY RESIDENT.
    Yeah...he can't make that decision.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Forklift View Post
    Hope I didnt rock the boat to much by sending Sheriff Young two emails. First one was notifying him that on the Sheriffs Office page of the tiogacountypa website it lists the LTCF (licence to carry firearm) as a "concealed weapons permit".

I informed him that PA does not issue a permit, but a licence. Also that no where on the licence do the words "concealed carry" even appear.

http://www.tiogacountypa.us/Departme...Pages/FAQ.aspx

It also uses the same wording "concealed weapons permit" in the "Information on PA Firearms" link.

I read the "Information on PA Firearms" link completely and it says NOTHING on the topic of open carry. So the second email I send was the Open Carry Memo found on the forum, just edited slightly. Which basicaly states that PA is an open carry state and goes in depth with UFA and C.S codes. Also talks about how officers are to conduct encounters with oc'ers. Touchs on "disorderly conduct" and "terroristic threats" as well. Great memo over all.

Waiting to hear back from him, if i even do. Wondering if anyone knows if hes gotten this before or how Tioga County police in general accept the law (or lack there of) on open carry. Im a Wellsboro resident.

Ill also post this in the Concealed Carry forum as this thread isnt visited often.
    I would be interested in his answer as well. Not sure about OC as everyone I know generally CC.

Thats considered cross-posting and will earn you an infraction if Mods see it (ask me how I know). Just trying to save you some trouble. Good luck with your nazi, I mean sheriff.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Tioga County)

I guess you haven't heard back from the sheriff. I was at my house in Wellsboro this past weekend. I OC anytime I'm there (weather pemitting). I'm not going to prove how tuff I am OCing when the temps are in the single digits!

My P95 was in full view when my wife and I ate in the Penn Wells Hotel Saturday night. My gun didn't cause a panic, but the smorgasbord was awesome.
    MikeP

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by priell3 View Post
    I guess you haven't heard back from the sheriff. I was at my house in Wellsboro this past weekend. I OC anytime I'm there (weather pemitting). I'm not going to prove how tuff I am OCing when the temps are in the single digits!

My P95 was in full view when my wife and I ate in the Penn Wells Hotel Saturday night. My gun didn't cause a panic, but the smorgasbord was awesome.
    Nope no answer back... I've only oc a few times in town without incident. I was hoping to hear back from him to see if he was aware of PAs oc status but no luck. Oh well keep oc'ing and let me know if you ever have an issue.
    Jesus Christ is LORD. PM for a free Bible, shipping included! Bilbles sent - 5

(Tioga County)

Nope no answer back... I've only oc a few times in town without incident. I was hoping to hear back from him to see if he was aware of PAs oc status but no luck. Oh well keep oc'ing and let me know if you ever have an issue.
    I doubt you will get an email back. Many LEOs won't communicate with the public via email. I just got my FFL and the ATF interviewer said their office won't reply to any email now because their replies were being posted in online forums. They want everything over the phone or on official letterhead.

If you really want a response you will probably have to drop by the courthouse or mail an actual letter.

The Tioga County Sheriffs always run on a pro-gun platform, but they won't sign off on NFA, so I don't know how pro-gun they really are.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by born_hard View Post
    I doubt you will get an email back. Many LEOs won't communicate with the public via email. I just got my FFL and the ATF interviewer said their office won't reply to any email now because their replies were being posted in online forums. They want everything over the phone or on official letterhead.

If you really want a response you will probably have to drop by the courthouse or mail an actual letter.

The Tioga County Sheriffs always run on a pro-gun platform, but they won't sign off on NFA, so I don't know how pro-gun they really are.

Why would they worry about it if they have nothing to hide?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by born_hard View Post

I guess they never heard of a scanner.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast