Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: cz po7

Smile cz po7

I purchased a CA Duty P07 when they first came out. It felt good iln my hand and had a better than average trigger pull. It had a major problem with the fram. Sent it to CZ and they repaced the gun. Since then I have been satsifed witsh this pistol.. Stilll has a good trigger, mid-sized--ok for winlter carry, high capacity(15) and more accurate that I am. I was just curious if any one else has experience with this pisstol and your thoughts?? Thank you

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: cz po7

I won mine at a gun bash. Nice pistol. It's like a 75BD and a Glock 19 had a baby. I've only put about 150 rounds through mine, but I didn't have a single hiccup. I had checked them out at the NRA show and really liked the way it fit my hand, and was thinking about buying one anyway when I won mine. But if I had shelled out $400 or so on it, I certainly wouldn't be disappointed. My only real complaint is one I also have with Glock ... charge an extra 20-50 bucks for the base price and lose the plastic sights for some steel.
    "No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it," George Carlin

(Beaver County)

I had one over a year ago and replaced the sights and also the plastic guide rod. I put a red fiber optic front sight on and an all black metal rear sight from CZ. That gun was an awesome piece. It was very comfortable to shoot...accurate!...the grip fit great. I sold it like a dumb ass. I wish I could find a nice clean used one for sale, I would buy again. If I don't though, I hear CZ will be comming out soon with the p-08 duty...a full size. I will probably get one of those.I did have the frame bulge too,however mine was very slight and it was such a great shooter I didnt send it back. Keep on CZ'ing....

(Northampton County)

My early production model has not had any issues, great basic combat pistol. liked it so much that when the CZ custom shop version came out I bought one of those the SPO7. It is a PO7 duty slide assembly mated to a shadow lower which has a competition buttery smooth trigger and lite weight aluminum frame and a nineteen round capacity. The PO8 will have different size backstraps ,4.72 inch barrel better sights and a larger mag capacity. Also it will be designated the PO9 so it won't be confused with the Luger. Should be an excellent platform that I will add to my Cz collection. Brian / EFR
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    I had one over a year ago and replaced the sights and also the plastic guide rod. I put a red fiber optic front sight on and an all black metal rear sight from CZ. That gun was an awesome piece. It was very comfortable to shoot...accurate!...the grip fit great. I sold it like a dumb ass. I wish I could find a nice clean used one for sale, I would buy again. If I don't though, I hear CZ will be comming out soon with the p-08 duty...a full size. I will probably get one of those.I did have the frame bulge too,however mine was very slight and it was such a great shooter I didnt send it back. Keep on CZ'ing....
    Two questions :
    First what is the frame bulge you're talking about?
    And second who makes a steel guide rod for them?
    "No one knows what’s next, but everybody does it," George Carlin

(Northampton County)

First you ban get a stainless steel guide rod from Steve Bedair at guide rod .com.
    Second the original frames had several problems mags did not drop free was actually not one of them . Frames were designed to have a tight fit to keep mas in place -European police style. Frames did bulge at top where they met the slide sometimes causing various feed and ejection problems . Cz change the frame design to pacify american drop free mag requests and to solve feed and ejection problems. Anyone who sent theirs back got a new frame or a replacement pistol. Mine has never gone back and the mags drop out quite nicely. The added weight of the stainless guide rod makes the pistol more front heavy and balances it better for faster follow up shots. The P09 should be a fantastic follow up on this platform.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Centre County)

I have a CZ75SP01 and love it. It fits my hand very well and it is more accurate than I can hold it. I've had no problems with it at all.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lancaster County)

I have a .40 P-07 that I like alot. An underpriced piece. But I may be biased.

(Cumberland County)

I had one for a while, never should have gotten rid if it. Great ergos, better capacity than a G19, actually felt slimmer than a Glock (to me at least) and a great trigger, especially if converted to SA only.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here