Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Blair County)

Default Who's got the biggest handgun inventory in Blair or Bedford county?

Like I said in my other topic, I'm looking to buy a 1911 in about two months. I could order online, but I'd just as soon visit an actual store and see things with my own eyes and actually handle something before I buy it. So who's got a fairly robust handgun stock near Blair county?

I've been to Allegheny Trade, and their selection's fairly small. As is Campbell's Sporting Goods, unless you're looking for a revolver or a polymer pistol. The guys at East Coast are unpersonable IMO and make you feel like a burden. Where else should I check?

By the way I've since decided I don't want a stainless gun. I'm really fancying a Kimber Custom II or a Springfield Loaded if I can find either new for less than $750. As far as the finish goes, how meticulous do you need to be with cleaning and whatnot in order not to overly wear or worse, develop rust issues? All my previous guns were polymers with pretty thich, non-corrosove finishes.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Who's got the biggest handgun inventory in Blair or Bedford county?

Cove Creek Outfitters in Bedford has a nice selection of Wilson, Baer, and Nighthawk 1911s usually. Also East Coast Guns in Altoona has good variety too.

(Blair County)

Pioneer in Juniata has a lot of .45, If you think the guys at East Coast are unpersonable you are in for a real treat at Pioneer

(Blair County)

I didn't realize East Coast had such a big collection. If I could get what I wanted it'd be worth dealing with the personell.

By the way, does anyone remember the topic on the 1911 forums with the guy who owned a TON of 1911s and reviewed every single one? I tried searching here because it was posted here, but I can't remember anything distinctive aside from 1911, which nets you many, many results.