Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default What would you do? Llama .40 keep or trade

We have a Llama Minimax .40. It is not on the PA database because we obtained it a long time ago legally in another state. (Don't worry, no more legal questions from me! LOL!)

Its kind of a junk gun I think, though...we haven't shot it for awhile...it jammed up once in the past. I read online that its pretty much junk.

If you were us, would you keep it just because its not in the database (future conspiracy theories, I guess, if they come in and try to take away all your guns, it might be good to have one they don't know about? Unless they read gun forums I guess. haha.)? Or would you trade it in for something you wanted?

What is the trade value for a Llama? Even worth trading? Do the people at Tanner's trade well?
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

(Blair County)

Default Re: What would you do? Llama .40 keep or trade

I see no point in keeping the gun just because it's not in the "non-existant" database. Trade it or sell it if you so desire. If they come for your guns, I doubt they'll stop at merely searching for the ones on the list.

(Centre County)

I'm not a big fan of .40S&W. So I'd just get rid of it(unless if it have some sentimental value)...
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(York County)

If you aren't really fond of the gun, ditch it.

It has proven itself to be somewhat unreliable. So, you probably would not trust your life to it.

If it were a reliable piece, different story.
    Personally, I don't keep firearms of any configuration, which prove to be unreliable, inaccurate to my hands, or I just don't feel comfy with.

There are toooo many options out there.

I am also not a big gov't conspiracy theorist.

(Cumberland County)

PM me if you want to get rid of it - I love my Llama's ! Take it out and shoot it - don't worry about it being in data base, if you like it, keep it - if you have no use for it or don't like it, get rid of it and get what you want !

(Delaware County)

Ask yourself a question, Do I shoot it? If the answerr is no you should get rid of it because I can obviously see you have no love for it. Why bother having a gun you don't like. Sell it and gwt something you enjoy.
    You will probably find someone who likes Llamas good luck.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Blair County)

Ive had some Llama .45s they shot ball ammo great. Alot of feeding problems with some Hollow points. I bought 2 of the mini max .45s with the 10 rd mags on sale for 250$ each. Great gun, but a little heavy.

(Bucks County)

llama firearms have little resale value so if you traded it in at a gunshop you won't get much for it so you're probably better off keeping it. you can probably get a little bit more money by selling to a private seller but not mcuh more. if you haven't shot it much get out to the range ans shot the thing. if you're having issues try different ammo since all ammo doesn't perform the same in all guns.

(Luzerne County)

Depends on why you want to get rid of it. In the past I would rarely sell or trad my guns. But in the past year I traded several for something else that I had my eye on. I have yet to take a loss on a gun I no longer own.

Because you rarely if ever take it out to shoot it is not a reason for my to dispose of a gun. there are things in my safe that I have not had time to take to the range. And yes before someone chimes in. These were all bought to be shoot. Just never got around to it.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Indiana County)

I don't think there were many made in .40, that said, it's still a Llama and not a collectors item IMO.
    You may find someone that would want it for parts value since Llama is long gone. I would assume the mag alone is worth at least a third of what the entire gun is unless some other manufacturers mags will work in them.

Price range without a picture assuming near mint condition would be between $250 and $300 IMO.
    Figure half or less than that for trade value, more like $100-$125 trade value.
    Any damage is going to obviously hurt any value it has.
    I would sell, not trade, but please be sure to tell the new owner about the feeding problems.
    A good cleaning or some more break in may fix this, or maybe not.

I do not subscribe to the reasoning of collecting guns just to have a safe full. I would rather have a dozen quality guns than 10 dozen $100 clunkers that never get shot.
    Would you just let $300 sit in your gun safe for years without ever using it? Then why leave a gun that never gets used in there?
    Hell, sell the gun and buy silver, better investment than a shoddy functioning Llama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast