Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default rapid fire vs slow fire targets

What is the difference between a slow fire target and a rapid fire target?

(Berks County)

Default Re: rapid fire vs slow fire targets

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    What is the difference between a slow fire target and a rapid fire target?
    nothing at 25 yards but the 50 yard ones are a bit bigger. Are you thinking about shooting bullseye??? If so good luck and I would tell you to have fun but I'd just be lying

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyoverlord View Post
    nothing at 25 yards but the 50 yard ones are a bit bigger. Are you thinking about shooting bullseye??? If so good luck and I would tell you to have fun but I'd just be lying
    Both of them are for 25 FEET, so that point is moot. The Rapid fire target black section contains score rings of 10 and 9. The slow fire black sections contain scoring rings for 10-7

Edit: It's worth mentioning that the black section on both targets is the same size, meaning the rings are tighter on the slow fire.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by echo5echo View Post
    Both of them are for 25 FEET, so that point is moot. The Rapid fire target black section contains score rings of 10 and 9. The slow fire black sections contain scoring rings for 10-7
    oh sorry but isn't it yards not feet that bullseye uses???? If so you better tell those guys at the bar in mohton they've been doing wrong

(Montgomery County)

I don't shoot bullseye so I couldn't tell you, all I do know though, 25 feet slow fire feels like cheating.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by echo5echo View Post
    I don't shoot bullseye so I couldn't tell you, all I do know though, 25 feet slow fire feels like cheating.
    I shot it a couple times until I awoke from my coma and started shooting USPSA. It was shot with a .45 any centerfire ( which almost everyone chose .45 ) and .22 I belong to a range that has a bullseye setup and that's it. 25 five yards and 50 yards , alot of moving the targets and 180 rounds later and you don't feel like you shot much. Slow fire is ten shots in ten minutes timed fire is a string of 5 in 20 seconds and rapid is 5 in ten seconds. Accuracy heavy and from a standing postion one hand only. Ever see the camp perry vids?? Some guy as old as the 1911 he is shooting , most of those guys got their gold cups brand new for $200

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyoverlord View Post
    I shot it a couple times until I awoke from my coma and started shooting USPSA. It was shot with a .45 any centerfire ( which almost everyone chose .45 ) and .22 I belong to a range that has a bullseye setup and that's it. 25 five yards and 50 yards , alot of moving the targets and 180 rounds later and you don't feel like you shot much. Slow fire is ten shots in ten minutes timed fire is a string of 5 in 20 seconds and rapid is 5 in ten seconds. Accuracy heavy and from a standing postion one hand only. Ever see the camp perry vids?? Some guy as old as the 1911 he is shooting , most of those guys got their gold cups brand new for $200
    You have accurately described the course of fire for the 'National Match Course'. In my younger days this was the gold standard for matches. IIRC the difference between the targets was that the slow fire 50 Yd had black 8,9,10,X rings and the timed/rapid fire 25 Yd had the same ring sizes but the 8 ring was white.

P.S. I got my the new Colt Gold Cup through the mail from New York City while I was living in NJ for $180.
    IANAL

(Montgomery County)

Here's a discussion of slow fire and timed/rapid fire targets at various distances. Probably much more information than you were looking for:
    http://http://www.indecorous.com/bullseye/rings.html