Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Alright Gang. I chose the FN 5.7 as my next pistol. What accessories are must hav

I see 5.7 ammo quite often actually. I think it its more internet myth about scarcity of ammo for them. It also seems comparable to shooting .45acp too, cost wise. Not cheap but not outrageous either.

+1 on the Hi-cap 30 round mags too. Enjoy, they seem like alot of fun.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Alright Gang. I chose the FN 5.7 as my next pistol. What accessories are must hav

THe 5.7 is a great gun as is, i have a second Gen . 5.7 no need for any accesories , spend the money on ammo.

The shop that i frequent has plenty of ammo for that Gun.

Also check with your dealer and FN to see if FN is still offering the free ammo deal, 200 rounds free shipped to your door by FN, when you buy a 5.7, took me only 2 weeks for FN to send it to me. I still have it in storeage because it is the original FN ammo made by FN in Belgium, not the Fiochi made ones , not that anything is wrong with Fiochi.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    THe 5.7 is a great gun as is, i have a second Gen . 5.7 no need for any accesories , spend the money on ammo.

The shop that i frequent has plenty of ammo for that Gun.

Also check with your dealer and FN to see if FN is still offering the free ammo deal, 200 rounds free shipped to your door by FN, when you buy a 5.7, took me only 2 weeks for FN to send it to me. I still have it in storeage because it is the original FN ammo made by FN in Belgium, not the Fiochi made ones , not that anything is wrong with Fiochi.
    Interesting. I was not aware of any such deal. Just ordered 500 rounds from Cabela. I'm thinking a SERPA holster might be nice -- I like the one one I have for my M&P. Truth be told, though, I'd line up for a 5.7 AR style rifle. I can only hope.

Pretty sure you can get 5.7 uppers that use the PS90 mags. Dreams do come true

Edit- heres a quick Google search \/
    http://www.google.com/search?q=57+ar...&client=safari
    Theres a bunch to choose from. That said, I dont know which ones are good qaulity and reliable/desirable. Youd have to look into it more.
    Last edited by brownman; December 30th, 2011 at 02:14 AM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by brownman View Post
    Pretty sure you can get 5.7 uppers that use the PS90 mags. Dreams do come true

Edit- heres a quick Google search \/
    http://www.google.com/search?q=57+ar...&client=safari
    Theres a bunch to choose from. That said, I dont know which ones are good qaulity and reliable/desirable. Youd have to look into it more.
    That's awesome! Now the question is, do I buy a 5.7 AR complete, or try to build my own? I'm "reasonably" handy with firearms, but have certainly never built an AR. Could be fun. Then again, the built rifle from AR 5.7 looks pretty cool -- just a little hesitant because I don't know that brand.

Quote Originally Posted by adoddere View Post
    Ordered it in FDE, should arrive in January. Have noticed that the ammo is not exactly plentiful right now, so ordering some of that. What else do I need?

Holster?
    Sights/Optics?

Anything more?
    +P Ammo: Elite Ammo and Clark Custom Cartridge

Best load: Elite Ammo S4M, 28gr OTM @ 2500fps from FsN pistol (3100+ fps PS90 or AR57), 14+" penetration in calibrated gel, will defeat 30+ layers kevlar (in reality, there is no current generation soft body armor that will stop this round)

Cheapest ammo: FN SS197 40gr V-Max @ 19.50 per box of 50 (cheaper than dirt)

Truehuntersupply.com: Mounts for Fastfire, Leupold HUD, etc

Action jobs: Elite Ammo

Night Sights: Elite Ammo

+10 mag extensions: CMMG

Threaded barrel: Tornado Technology (adds 50-75fps)

Holsters: Numerous sources

8" extended barrel: Elite Ammo (in development)

Carbines: FN PS90, AR57 upper (IMO, these are a waste. The pistol already delivers rifle like range, trajectory, and penetration. Just buy lots of 30rd mags for your "pocket rifle" aka- FsN pistol)

Here's a pic of my FsN:

Check out my Five Seven thread in the photos section. There are gel tests, all kinds of ballistics data and a lot of conversation there. I think the 5.7x28mm loaded to "+P" levels as done by Elite, Clark Custom Ammo, and even FN (SS198 LEO) are as effective as any self defense ammo out there, in any caliber.

Welcome to the club!

Elite S4M, 20 yards, rapid fire
    Last edited by Valorius; December 30th, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Holy hell Valorious!

Thanks for all the tips -- genuinely appreciate it.

I haven't taken delivery yet and have never shot a 5.7. I'm assuming you had an Elite action job performed?

I have Elite Tritium night sights, Elite S4M, Protector I and Protector II ammo. They also had a custom kydex holster for an FsN with Viridian C5L light/laser made for me in left hand. The owner is a good guy, and posts over on the five seven forums. I've chatted with him via text, email and phone many times. They have a wide range of ammo in 5.7mm, check them out.

(They also have Law Enforcement Only ammo in 5.7mm that is ridiculous)

I'm expecting my gun back in the next week, Elite has it. Once i get it back, i'm getting the barrel threaded, as it adds another 50-75fps to all loads. Given that this is a pistol and round that live by velocity, i think it wise to wring as much of it as i can out of the platform. With S4M and a threaded barrel, the round will actually hit Elite's advertised 2600fps/405lbs energy.

I'm also sending it to a top local smith for a trigger job. I didn't get elite to do my action job because honestly i didn't feel like the hassle of shipping the whole gun.

The info i just gave you is nothing compared to the stuff in the Five SeveN thread in the pictures section. Make sure you check that one out. There is all kinds of ballistics tests/gel tests on that thread.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 30th, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Cabellas has the high cap mags in stock, buy them! Also I would recommend a god quality holster. I am partial to the Black hawk serpa. Thats about it. Practice shooting at 100 yards with the Five Seven, you can do it!
    I've always wanted one of these... In response to the bold above... With the velocities published all over the interwebz, you should be shooting @ 200yds. (I can already hit torso sized targets @ 100yds with my 357 Sig and 1911)
    When you are called a racist, it just means you won an argument with an Obama supporter.

With a bi-pod on the rail and an optic 200yds is easy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast