I ordered a Glock 19 Gen4 from the factory on the 15th of November. The order form stated that it could take 10-12 weeks for the gun to ship. I found that a little excessive, but didn't think too much of it, as I know that the manufacturers like to give themselves a little extra leeway.

Well, after reading over on glocktalk that some of the newer Gen4s are being shipped with the old "black" finish as opposed to the "grayer" one seen recently, I decided to give them a call, and find out if I could order one with the old finish. They pulled up my order, and told me that it looked like it was going to ship on the 18th of February, possibly even taking to the end of the month! Am I alone in thinking that three or more months for a Glock is a bit much? My Valor didn't even take that long.

I then asked if I could get the older finish. She acted like she had absolutely no clue what I was talking about. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes, and then told me that there was no way they could do that. I call bullshit.

I don't get overly excited about Glock to begin with, so this may be it for me and Glock.