Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Sig 250 - Talk me into it or out of it!

Well, I have a limited budget thanks to some Christmas cash and needless to say, the new gun bug has bitten. After much research, I have decided that I like the looks of the Sig 250 Compact or possibly the 250 full size. Must be .40 or .45 cal.

What do you guys think of this gun? Good, bad...ugly? I know there are better guns out there, but I do want a Sig and I can't afford a high priced model. My needs are mainly CC...no training, no competiton...just self defense. So whatcha think? Should I bring one home for under 4 bills? Also...what is better for this gun, .40 or .45. Either can be had for roughly the same price.

Last edited by RocketFoot; December 29th, 2011 at 04:51 PM.

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Default Re: Sig 250 - Talk me into it or out of it!

Why would I try to talk you out of a Sig? That one would be a fine CC rig. I'd go .45 just because.

(Lancaster County)

I have the compact in 9mm and love it Just be warned about the long trigger pull & reset that everyone else seems to complain about.
    ~Daniel

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by TerminusEst View Post
    I have the compact in 9mm and love it Just be warned about the long trigger pull & reset that everyone else seems to complain about.
    Yeah, that is the only thing I fear...I like a SA/DA with a hammer. I'm thinking about a P220 or P2022 at the moment. The P2022 is actually as affordable as the P250.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/14908-1.html

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Northampton County)

If it was me I get 2022 over the 250 model the only thing that I like better about the 250 is that you can get one in 45acp. If I was getting the 9mm model it would be the 2022.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

With either caliber, it is very snappy, so it will be so so on the target reaquirement thing. Though the trigger pull and reset is a little long, it isn't terrible, and the trigger does feel good. I surely wouldn't let that keep me from getting it as a few rounds down range will get you adjusted in no time. Some people are still hung up on the issues they had with it earlier, but Sig has pretty much gotten rid of them. It is a good pistol. JMHO
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Oh yea, the P250 looks like a pistol should look. Neat, clean lines, and no finger grooves to deal with. It definitely isn't ugly.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Montgomery County)

The only downside is the DAO trigger. That said, as far as DAO triggers go, it really isn't all that bad. Sure, it will drive 1911 shooters batshit, but then again so do most triggers. I target shoot and compete with my M&P, carry my 1911 or P238, and keep my P250 and it's awesome SIG night sights by my bedside. After about 20 practice rounds, most experienced shooters will have no problems controlling the P250.

(Lancaster County)

Dont do it. I am a huge sig fan so I checked out some of their polymer options including the p250 and they all felt pretty chinsey. I would say look for a used metal framed sig in the classified section or on EE in the AR15 forum there are always p226s going for good prices.

(Susquehanna County)

Here's what I posted to the "Sig 250 Is it any good" thread about a week ago.

I was looking into and researching the P250 a short while ago myself. In the end I think I'll go for a S&W M&P45.

Why? Well first off the P250 sounds great, being able to switch between 4 calibers almost at whim sounds pretty cool too. And having 3 different size handguns, full size, compact and sub-compact sounds pretty neat and you can do some really interesting things like drop a compact slide assembly on a full size frame for a "Commander" type affect.

But! The gun is sold with the medium sized grip module, so if you have smaller hands that means you must buy the small grip module, for large hands, guess what! The gun uses the same magazines for .40 and .357 but different mags for 9mm & .45 and magazines are about $35 ea. After a while I realized that I'd end up with a fortune tied up in parts and spare modules that just won't get much use and really have only one gun.

Novel idea, great marketing idea, but it just seemed like a parts hog.

FWIW there is a Sig 250 forum see: http://p250sig.com/ hop in and take a look around.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast