Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Walther G22 help

Hey guys New to the site need some help Own a walther G22 rifle think i messed up the ejector or extractor while cleaning my gun last. When shooting or just ejecting the round it gets jammed like the gun isn't throwing the round out so its getting stuck and jamming. Called walther and they don't supply parts anymore and have no idea what to do really wanna try and fix it so i can sell it. Brought it a couple years ago just never use it and less then 200 rounds shoot thru it so still newish. Any ides?

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Walther G22 help

is the ejector in there? i can fall out pretty easily during disassembly. hand cycling wont tell you if your gun will run reliably because the g22 doesn't eject very well being hand cycled

(Berks County)

Do you have the manual and are positive you put it back together correctly? I helped a friend with disassembly/reassembly and it can be a pain in the rear.

I found a link to the Walther website for the manual:

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...&content=43305

If you scroll down to disassembly, they say to be careful with the damn springs that will fall out...the slide stop spring gave us some trouble and reassembly was a real pain. I don't remember any problems with the ejector other than trying to put it back together right.

Not a very user friendly platform for a .22, I don't blame you for wanting to sell it.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Philadelphia County)

When i was cleaning it i kinda bent the ejector which is like a hook looking kinda thing. So my guess was since maybe i bent it missed it up causing it to do what its doing now but when i called to order the part they didn't have it and don't make it. But don't really know how to check. Brought it cause its a different kinda gun and cool looking but its to much of a pain to clean it and i always lose the spring for the magazine safety.

(Westmoreland County)

i just ditched the lrbho and mag safety in mine, they were too much trouble and now my gun is 100%, do you have a pic of the damage? are you talking about the extractor on the bolt face or the ejector? has it been giving you problems when shooting or just when hand cycling

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Deuce View Post
    i just ditched the lrbho and mag safety in mine, they were too much trouble and now my gun is 100%, do you have a pic of the damage? are you talking about the extractor on the bolt face or the ejector? has it been giving you problems when shooting or just when hand cycling

That is what i bent a little and think whats causing the problem nothing was wrong with the rifle till after i did what i did and only hand cycling haven't shot it yet going to the range over the weekend so ill give it a try there to.

(Philadelphia County)

(Westmoreland County)

it dosnt look like it would be too hard to bend back into shape, the ejector on mine is a metal plate

(Philadelphia County)

it dosnt look like it would be too hard to bend back into shape, the ejector on mine is a metal plate
    Only problem is i don't know what to bend it back to don't know what it normal looks like to compare it.

(Chester County)

If you can't get the extractor back into shape call Smith & Wesson for the part, I think they service these in the states (unless something has changed in the last few years).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast