Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default AR muzzle brakes SureFire MB556k or Battlecomp?

I am working on a 14.5" Noveske mid-length build and, being unwilling to shell out $400 for a KAC triple tap, would like to add the best compensator possible. These are my 2 favorite choices thus far, experience and opinions are welcome, thank you.

SuerFire MB556k
    Battlecomp 1.5

Which one should I choose?

Default Re: AR muzzle brakes SureFire MB556k or Battlecomp?

Quote Originally Posted by cpoth View Post
    I am working on a 14.5" Noveske mid-length build and, being unwilling to shell out $400 for a KAC triple tap, would like to add the best compensator possible. These are my 2 favorite choices thus far, experience and opinions are welcome, thank you.

SuerFire MB556k
    Battlecomp 1.5

Which one should I choose?
    I have a Battlecomp BABC 2.0 on my RFB and I love it. I almost bought the 1.5 for my wife's Sig556 and then I came across the Lund Titan Comp. For $90 it's a great break. It does a great job of reducing felt recoil to the point where you feel none on the Sig.

I have a MB556AR and a Battlecomp 1.0. I like the battlecomp more. Spikes tactical also has something similar to the battlecomp. http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...age=2&sort=20a They have both a 'short' and 'extreme' variants. I'm putting one on the rifle I'm assembling for my father.

Lund Titan compensators are one of the worst things I've ever shot next to...but they work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

Not sure if you're open to other products but I run a PWS KAC556 on all of my rifles. Go to youtube and look up battlecomp's video that compared it against a compensator, a A2 flash hider, and a dual port. If you fast forward to time 1:09, you will notice that the battlecomp's flash is actually equal to or greater than the A2 and the compensator gave off the least flash. They refuse to answer my question on what brand compensator was used for the test - they actually DELETED my question two times.

(Montgomery County)

I just tried posting the question again - looks like I was blocked I figured that they would delete my question after I posted it yesterday and so I took a screen shot of it to prove that they were indeed deleting my posts that questions their products. Guess they want to keep their customers in the dark.

Don't drink the cool-aid folks...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RXM; December 31st, 2011 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    Lund Titan compensators are one of the worst things I've ever shot next to...but they work.
    Yeah, it does suck to be next to someone shooting one. It's LOUD and the concussive force is impressive. But it works as advertised. Just don't shoot one indoors...

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Not sure if you're open to other products but I run a PWS KAC556 on all of my rifles. Go to youtube and look up battlecomp's video that compared it against a compensator, a A2 flash hider, and a dual port. If you fast forward to time 1:09, you will notice that the battlecomp's flash is actually equal to or greater than the A2 and the compensator gave off the least flash. They refuse to answer my question on what brand compensator was used for the test - they actually DELETED my question two times.

The Battlecomp isn't a flash hider; it's a muzzle break / compensator. It's job is to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise. Who cares how much flash it has?

(Cumberland County)

i run the spikes dynacomp extreme on my 16" carbine. I'm happy with it. especially since it's 50-60 dollars cheaper than the battlecomp. be warned that if you get the mini it reduces it's effectiveness by about half.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helter View Post
    Crazy people will always find ways to do their crazy.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The Battlecomp isn't a flash hider; it's a muzzle break / compensator. It's job is to reduce felt recoil and muzzle rise. Who cares how much flash it has?
    So you're suggesting that it doesn't matter if another compensator has the same advantages of reduced felt recoil and muzzle rise with the additional benefit of reduced flash? I see....

PWS does such a good job with their compensator designs (i.e., reduced felt recoil, muzzle climb, and flash suppression) that they got a BATFE letter to say that it isn't a flash suppressor. But I guess if you want to spend more money for another compensator without the additional benefits of less flash then who cares right?

http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/d...ATF_FSC556.pdf
    Last edited by RXM; December 31st, 2011 at 12:45 PM.

I've fired the PWS on my friends rifle, it eliminates the recoil. I mean, less than a .22 rifle. It improved my split times.

Very nice, I intend to put one on my AR and it's equivalent on my bolt gun.

"X is what percentage of Y?" Divide the first number by the second, multiply the answer by 100. Add a percent sign. Think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast