Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Blair County)

Default Re: East Coast Gun Sales

This is the Chick in the logo'd Hummer. East Coast Gun Sales is not closing.
    We have changed our hours to 10-6 Mon-Friday and Closed on Sundays. We have laid employees off but are not closing!!
    Who ever is spreading the rumors and posting the rumors are wrong. Please pass this on. Thanks!!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by dfaith View Post
    We have changed our hours to 10-6 Mon-Friday and Closed on Sundays. We have laid employees off but are not closing!!
    Who ever is spreading the rumors and posting the rumors are wrong. Please pass this on. Thanks!!

Chicks & Hummers!!

Both are my Favorite.
    Let's see some pics!!
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bowanna View Post
    Chicks & Hummers!!

Both are my Favorite.
    Let's see some pics!!
    Let the leg humping begin!!! lol

(Westmoreland County)

Looks like once again some here need to spread BS rumors and believe any rumor that they here.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Centre County)

Arrow Re: East Coast Gun Sales

I will continue to spread rumors until you post a pick of yourself and the Hummer!!!!!!!

I kid, I kid......)
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

double tap!!!
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

Now for some truth. Talked with the girl behind the counter when I went to pick up my pistol from lay away. She said that they are going to be moving back to their former location to save money in order to keep their prices down.

(Blair County)

I heard about this from two seperate sources on Wednesday and was told They were open through the weekend only. call tommorrow and you will know for sure. Im sure they wouldnt admit it on here or their last weekend would just be people lined up to cancel their layaways.
    It will suck because they have similar prices to Grice and are much closer. At the same time, oh well. I know many people who live in Altoona who are avid hunters and shooters who wont set foot in there after being ignored, misinformed or outright insulted. If they stay open I hope they really work on their customer service and salesmanship.
    I remember being in there one night and a guy was trying to return a cheap uncle mikes holster, but he didnt have the packaging. I think the thing was like 17 dollars and they wouldnt return it for the guy. The guy asks how much he had spent there in the last 2 years. The clerk looks it up and tells him a little over 13k.....and they wouldnt just give the guy his 17$ back....That is not how you treat a customer IMO.
    Another tine a friend of mine went in with a black powder pistol he found in his garage. He asked if they could tell which caliber it was so he could buy some balls for it. They said they didnt sell anything for his gun then proceeded to hold it up in the air and announce to the store "Look at this guy bringing in his pirate gun" My freind left very embarrased. It would have taken them about 10 seconds to put a micrometer in the gun and tell him what caliber it was, and which balls he needed, which they do in fact sell for muzzleloaders. Campbells had him in and out with a big sack of balls within about 5 minutes.
    If I didnt know anything about guns I wouldnt set foot in there. Since I usually know what I want I do go in there though because their prices are about what you can haggle the other two local shops to, without the haggling.
    That being said I really like Campbells.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hobbit View Post
    Now for some truth. Talked with the girl behind the counter when I went to pick up my pistol from lay away. She said that they are going to be moving back to their former location to save money in order to keep their prices down.
    Sounds like a lie. How will they get out of their lease at the new place? They will still have to pay for all the renovations they did, and the cost of moving everything twice.
    Unfortunately only time will tell. They would never admit it before it happens.
    Also as of yesterday the for sale sign is still up at the old building.

(Indiana County)

So, seems like there was piss poor business planning involved in the middle of an economic downturn.
    Invests into new building, prices no longer competitive to pay for building, workers lose jobs, and now someone realizes that it was a mistake.
    Rumors abound further damping business.

Hard way to learn a lesson.

That and having employees advertising their personal weapons they bought with a discount from the shop on Pennswoods is probably a good way to lose money that would otherwise be generated.

As I've posted in the other two(or more) threads on East Coast, their prices don't impress me and their sales people I have found lacking in personality over the years.
    I did a transfer there a while back and I'll assume it was dfaith that did it for me, she was nice and didn't have a problem B.S.ing while waiting for the PICS check to go through. And IIRC she shoots either USPSA or IDPA.
    I still stop there when I'm in the area but mostly just to browse and then have my local guy order in what I want at a large discount over their prices.

As for the guys with layaways, I'm glad you didn't lose your money.
    Maybe next time just save your money and then go buy, and really, most of the time cash in hand gets you a better deal. Or consider at least making your payments with credit card so you could at least try to dispute the charges if you were to get skunked.

Still, glad to see they are not closing up and good luck to them.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast