Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Training

(Luzerne County)

Default Training

I put up a post in the training forum regarding a good course that will be held in April at Factoryville, PA for those who may be interested in attending. I will be attending this Level-II course for sure.

I had attended some training with Steve from FRI about 2 years ago in Easton, PA and he had a group of New Jersey State Police training there also, and I had a great time, I learned some new things and I also was pleasantly surprised to see how pro gun and friendly the NJ State Police were and how willing they were to talk guns and have fun shooting and telling stories.
    Last edited by CCinPA; November 28th, 2006 at 02:19 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Training

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    Factoryville, PA
    Mapquest tells me there's a Factoryville in Wyoming County and one in Northampton County.

Which one is applicable?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by dgg9 View Post
    Mapquest tells me there's a Factoryville in Wyoming County and one in Northampton County.

Which one is applicable?
    Oops, It is Wyoming county roughly northeast of Scranton, PA

Here is the Sportsmen club website.

http://www.f-s-c.org/

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by CCinPA View Post
    I also was pleasantly surprised to see how pro gun and friendly the NJ State Police were and how willing they were to talk guns and have fun shooting and telling stories.
    Pro Gun?? Are you freakin kidding? ....try buying a gun or getting a LTCF in Their Fascist Police State! They arent part of the solution...so as far as I'm concerned they ARE the problem and should stay East of the Delaware.

When will Pennsylvanians learn to Stop being friendly and encouraging those types? Eventually they will want to immigrate here with their corruption and NJ "attitude" which will infect our cops/troopers here in PA. Just one of those rotten apples is sure to spoil the bushell of decent normal Pennsylvania raised cops who respect their fellow PA citizens!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Archiver View Post
    Pro Gun?? Are you freakin kidding? ....try buying a gun or getting a LTCF in Their Fascist Police State! They arent part of the solution...so as far as I'm concerned they ARE the problem and should stay East of the Delaware.

When will Pennsylvanians learn to Stop being friendly and encouraging those types? Eventually they will want to immigrate here with their corruption and NJ "attitude" which will infect our cops/troopers here in PA. Just one of those rotten apples is sure to spoil the bushell of decent normal Pennsylvania raised cops who respect their fellow PA citizens!
    My statement was to show how surprised I was to see a bunch of gun friendly state police that were form such an ungun friendly state. All I was trying to say is it appears the police don't necessarily agree with the gun restrictions in that state or at least the police I had met. I never started this thread for it to become a conflict thread but wow cool down a little and yes I will be friendly with caution anyone until they show me reason otherwise.

(Erie County)

Question Re: Training

Sometimes it's tough to do the right thing, but right now I'm going to try. No negative or positive response, I'm simply going to chill out and try to be nice.

(Carbon County)

CC in PA...not attacking you personally....I do understand that you were suprised they expressed pro-gun sentiment given their states' reputation...as I was. However, frequently they say one thing yet do the exact opposite.
    Without getting into too many details...from my personal experience law enforcement in NJ is EXTREMELY corrupt and they are quite adept at saying one thing...but doing the exact opposite. As a quick example some firearms I inherited from a NJ relative have been stolen by Local NJ cops (who btw, wanted a "donation" to expedite things) for several years and The NJ State Police are WORTHLESS...despite laws to protect such occurences and with NRA lawyers, court orders and such NJ Leos just do as they want with impunity!
    Its VERY sad... but Most NJ LEO's (yup I said MOST because its systematic perpetuated by their own privledged point of view)just dont give a darn about respecting citizens and their 2nd Amendment rights
    If they tried that BS in PA ...fellow officers would NEVER let them!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

Quote Originally Posted by keystone View Post
    Sometimes it's tough to do the right thing, but right now I'm going to try. No negative or positive response, I'm simply going to chill out and try to be nice.
    Is this possible Keystone?
    Quote Originally Posted by IceFire View Post
    Sgt....Do NOT piss off the wife, do NOT piss off the wife!
    Army Strong

These are my opinions, my opinions only. If you are offended, please, please, call Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton, I would like the notoriety.

(Luzerne County)

Archiver,
    I am sorry to hear about your arme were lifted and how a donation woul help expidite the recovery. Just not right and I now better understand your possition. I would feel the same way should it had happened to me. And no offencee taken.