Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default The fossil spinnin' yarns

Is this braggin'. NAH ! ! ! - Just whilin' away the day, and tryin' to stay out of trouble with my DW.

A few pics:

1) The last group with my .17HMR. Over the years if one comes in (firearms) one has to go out. DW who is very educated, learned to count one day. The day I got caught ; "I see your guns are propagating in the cabinet".
    I always (I can't explain) liked 1 1/2" high at 100 yds. Superstition ?? On chucks, max was 150yds and had to be in the ear, with the .17 / no crawl offs. Had a 4 X 16 on my H&R SINGLE SHOT. It left the house with a 3 x 9 32. This last grouping (9/16") was shot with that combination in a 15 or 15+ R to L wind. A H&R single shot ??? WHAT you say ! ! I just bought another one. One danced in, one walked out.
    2) My new .204 Ruger -- My son laughed --- You are in a mid-life crisis. Hell, I passed that a zillion years ago. Time to move away from walnut & cherry wood. I will roll my own ammo & my son will rescind his laugh. I will make that lil' single .204 print. 4 X 12 Why ? My DW doesn't count scopes. Shhhhh ---don't even whisper.
    3) April 2011 -- Hit call at 6:03AM, put tag on 26 lbs, 6:18 AM. I was hot & hittin' the right notes. My Hi-Tech Turkey Shooter is a Mossberg model 500 semi. 2 3/4 " only. Don't you just love my Revolutionary War Camo. I made the SULLY ; Sullivan County Review. They said I was 72. I am not that friggin' old. Nobody is that old.

All of the above dictates 'THIS GUY IS REALLY CHEAP' the H&Rs, the 500, the Camo. My counter "Not broke, don't fix" & I do have a few pretty ones, but not my Camo (superstition ?). That camo may glow in the dark, have ultra rays or sumthin' or maybe those Spring Gobblers in Sullivan County, could not figure out that thing laying on the ground. 30 years of laying on the ground worked back then, and still appears to work. C'mon Spring 2012. The families of Gallifores and Sciuridae will be active. The chase will be on for the Marmota Monax and the Meleagris Gallopavo.
    fossil
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ImAfossil; December 28th, 2011 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Fix This & That
    Do the eyes go first ?????? MAYBE NOT !

(Beaver County)

Default Re: The fossil spinnin' yarns

Nice shooting,nice gun,damn nice turkey,but what is a DW?
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lebanon County)

Default For the GRUMPY one

Dear Mr. GrumpyB

After almost 50 years, DW is my Dear Wife.
    fossil

I thought you were going to say "Damn Wife"!

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by steviesterno View Post
    I thought you were going to say "Damn Wife"!
    ^^^^^^ Me Too !
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lebanon County)

Default An Astute Member

Stevie: A very astute member.

In the Game of Life there are peaks and valleys. Both Dear Wife & Damn Wife fit very well.

If Dear Wife finds out about the 4 X 12, the latter DW will prevail.

fossil

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImAfossil View Post
    Is this braggin'. NAH ! ! ! - Just whilin' away the day, and tryin' to stay out of trouble with my DW.

A few pics:

1) The last group with my .17HMR. Over the years if one comes in (firearms) one has to go out. DW who is very educated, learned to count one day. The day I got caught ; "I see your guns are propagating in the cabinet".
    I always (I can't explain) liked 1 1/2" high at 100 yds. Superstition ?? On chucks, max was 150yds and had to be in the ear, with the .17 / no crawl offs. Had a 4 X 16 on my H&R SINGLE SHOT. It left the house with a 3 x 9 32. This last grouping (9/16") was shot with that combination in a 15 or 15+ R to L wind. A H&R single shot ??? WHAT you say ! ! I just bought another one. One danced in, one walked out.
    2) My new .204 Ruger -- My son laughed --- You are in a mid-life crisis. Hell, I passed that a zillion years ago. Time to move away from walnut & cherry wood. I will roll my own ammo & my son will rescind his laugh. I will make that lil' single .204 print. 4 X 12 Why ? My DW doesn't count scopes. Shhhhh ---don't even whisper.
    3) April 2011 -- Hit call at 6:03AM, put tag on 26 lbs, 6:18 AM. I was hot & hittin' the right notes. My Hi-Tech Turkey Shooter is a Mossberg model 500 semi. 2 3/4 " only. Don't you just love my Revolutionary War Camo. I made the SULLY ; Sullivan County Review. They said I was 72. I am not that friggin' old. Nobody is that old.

All of the above dictates 'THIS GUY IS REALLY CHEAP' the H&Rs, the 500, the Camo. My counter "Not broke, don't fix" & I do have a few pretty ones, but not my Camo (superstition ?). That camo may glow in the dark, have ultra rays or sumthin' or maybe those Spring Gobblers in Sullivan County, could not figure out that thing laying on the ground. 30 years of laying on the ground worked back then, and still appears to work. C'mon Spring 2012. The families of Gallifores and Sciuridae will be active. The chase will be on for the Marmota Monax and the Meleagris Gallopavo.
    fossil

Which one is the turkey is my question.
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Beaver County)

Meleagris gallopavo, commonly known as the Wild Turkey, is native to the forests of North America.
    The groundhog (Marmota monax), also known as a woodchuck, whistle-pig, or in some areas as a land-beaver, is a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots.Thank goodness for wikipedia.
    Last edited by GrumpyBear; December 28th, 2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
    Meleagris gallopavo, commonly known as the Wild Turkey, is native to the forests of North America.
    The groundhog (Marmota monax), also known as a woodchuck, whistle-pig, or in some areas as a land-beaver, is a rodent of the family Sciuridae, belonging to the group of large ground squirrels known as marmots.Thank goodness for wikipedia.
    Wikipedia huh ? For a moment there I just thought you were really smart !
    Jesus is Lord !

(Lebanon County)

Default A minor skirmish

I knew A-5 was out there, ready to pounce on me. That's OK !

What I like, was starting my first squabble between members.

I have to google Wikapediatrics or was it Geriatrics, to find out the thingie about intelligence I.E. GrumpyBear & steelerfan.

fossil

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast