Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Why the 1911 sucks.

There are a lot of dead Germans, Japanese, Koreans, Chinese and Vietnamese that will agree with the OP that the 1911 really, really sucks. Springer Pros have been used by Marines in Afghanistan and Iraq. Those idiots in the FBI are still using the relic in their hostage rescue teams. Then you have those other idiots in the SAS who used Browning's other design along with the military organizations of at least 37 other nations.

This has been an amusing read. Stupid, but amusing.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    Yeah?
    Investigate how many of those silly-assed N.J. state troopers had negligent discharges with that lady-looking, foreign made cock squeezer.
    ahhhhh, some folks just don't appreciate quality if someone accidently discharges a P7, they should probably give up on guns, and if you think the P7 is lady looking .................... I won't say it, so many comebacks - I'd get in trouble

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post

This has been an amusing read. Stupid, but amusing.

Amusing.....that's a kind way of stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    ahhhhh, some folks just don't appreciate quality if someone accidently discharges a P7, they should probably give up on guns, and if you think the P7 is lady looking .................... I won't say it, so many comebacks - I'd get in trouble
    What about the LEOs that were shooting themselves with their own Glocks??? Many a right pant-legs were ruined by the Glock
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Westmoreland County)

I now feel dumber after reading the OP's post.
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

(Centre County)

I love 1911. Like many of you.
    The fact its 100y/o design is still functional as daily carry or duty I think is testiment to its design.

But on the other hand, you can't argue with the fact that there are better design for most intended use as well

Glock, M&P, XD, Sig, H&K are all excellent duty/EDC weapons, that works just as well, and safer design then 1911's for the most people.

Do I ever stop loving 1911's? not likely.
    Will I carry 1911? Sure. I have and I'm sure I will.

But will I carry guns that are more suited for my intended use(EDC/Defence)? Surely.
    I've been carrying Kahr T9, and K9 for this past few years. Before that, I carried M&P9. I recently bought a FNP9, which I'm thining about carrying it.
    They all have internal safety that shooter do not have to manupirate, much lighter, accurate, and dependable.

But again, I LOVE 1911's. I'll be perfectly happy, if my 1911's are only guns I have
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

Quote Originally Posted by hzox221 View Post
    I now feel dumber after reading the OP's post.
    Go to a Holiday Inn
    Honey, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them.

(Allegheny County)

I'm sure that this has been said but you need no tools to disassemble the 1911, even for a detail strip because the sear spring can be used to unscrew the grip screws. About the only thing that you can't do at your kitchen table is remove the barrel link pin.

What other 100 year old designs are still in use? Ever hear of the Mauser bolt action? Browning A5? Ma Deuce?

Seriously, if you look around the world, there are plenty of 100 year old designs that are still widely used. Why? Because they work well.

As for the argument that the design is unsafe for most people, pish tosh. If you can't carry a 1911 safely, you shouldn't be carrying any gun.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by cake0110 View Post
    These guns aren't pretty to me. Maybe it's my military background, but IMO a gun is not supposed to be shiny, have intricate designs, fancy engravings, or stylish walnut grips. Again, that's my opinion built on my own experiences and I don't expect you to agree but maybe just try to understand where I'm coming from here. Simple is beautiful. Function is beautiful. A gun should look like a gun, not a christmas tree ornament. Also, lighter is better. Handguns CAN be too big. And full size steel frames are both heavy and big and have been rendered obsolete by more modern designs. Again, just my opinion but it is based on a good deal of real world combat experience(which includes direct experience with a Beretta M9 that I hate to this day).
    buy a 1911 and shoot it with your glock if that will make you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson Guy View Post
    Those idiots in the FBI are still using the relic in their hostage rescue teams.
    I was going to melt all of my 1911's down and slam my head into the wall for ever owning one until I read this. I don't feel so bad about owning them, now.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast