Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default New here and a question

Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi. I'm a new member here at the discussion forums, but a Pike County resident for 14 years now.
    I'm new to carrying a firearm- (pistol) in public. I recently received my ltcf and I do plan on concealed carrying most of the time which should be hassle free. My question is, if I decide to venture out with my firearm while open carrying, is it a big deal around these parts? have any of you had any issues? After reading some post around the other counties, I see some people really begin to freak out.

Thanks

(Pike County)

Default Re: New here and a question

i was told by milford officials, keep it covered and no problems
    personally, i feel it is no bodys business but yours!

(Pike County)

That's what I figured, and I also agree it's really nobody's business but mine. Although given the fact that it seems to draw unwanted attention and issues, I will most likely remain concealed.

Thanks for the reply. I was just wondering if anyone happened to run into any issues while open carrying here.

(Lackawanna County)

Ive never seen anyone open carry in milford. Ive opened carried to the range in hawley and back and made a few stops but it wasnt so much as open carry as not quite so covered. I keep an eye out for people carrying my wife thinks im the only one nuts enough to carry so I always try to show her im not alone.

(Delaware County)

Frankly, depending on the officer, citizen and the particular day, attitude of the before mentioned... You could receive a high five or be shot dead.

Pretty wide open huh?

It's legal, do it if you want but read some of the OC stories in that forum

Practice retention, know the laws and of you encounter anyone that tries to oppress what you know is legal and right, dont back down

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Ive never seen anyone open carry in milford. Ive opened carried to the range in hawley and back and made a few stops but it wasnt so much as open carry as not quite so covered. I keep an eye out for people carrying my wife thinks im the only one nuts enough to carry so I always try to show her im not alone.
    I know two people who open carry in the Milford area. except for some people staring the have had no problems. I have opened carry while hiking near Milford and have had no problems.

(Pike County)

I live in the Milford/upper Dingmans area, 5 minutes from the dingmans post office on 739.

I personally carry 50/50, thus being IWB, but exposed most of the time. I have also fully OC'ed on a few occasions, and not a peep or stairdown. I do know of a few OC'ers I have meet and talked with in walfart etc. They too have not had any issues.

Biggest problem you will encounter...Those who cross the border from NY/NJ. they dont know the laws here and assume that if its law in their state its law everywhere.

Some folks are comfy with OC others are not. I am on the fence, But slowly going the OC way. I currently carry in a crossbreed super tuck delux. But am in the market this week for a nice leather black OWB holster.

Keep your eyes open on here (Pike county) and the general section (Gatherings). I am in the works of planning out a CC/OC meet and greet lunch/dinner. I am going to see if I can get a few folks to discuss OC/CC, along with a few other firearms related things.

Welcome to the area, you will find a great deal of information on this site. There is a decent amount of pike county members here as well.

Snert..

(Pike County)

Howdy NepaJames86, and welcome to the forum.

I'm just a bit south of you, and carry both OC and CC, no problems so far.

Snert, let me know when you have something going, will be there if I am not working.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post

Snert, let me know when you have something going, will be there if I am not working.
    Will do....

(Pike County)

Thanks everyone for all the feedback, much appreciated.

What is the deal with the pike county ranges? Open to the public, permits required? I have been going down to the free open range over in Tobyhanna, in Monroe County because my friend lives over there. I'm looking for something a bit more local though. I heard of one up on route 6, but do you need to purchase a permit for the range?

Snert, let me know when your planning that meet, I will be more then willing to go. I live less then 5 min away from the 739 post office as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast