Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Pike County)

Default Re: New here and a question

Perkins as well, walfart too. been to a few places but just not sure folks noticed or even cared. Went to roma pizza by staples, was kinda oc. I mostly carry IWB in a crossbreed super delux tuck. But mostly with shirt tucked behind holster so it is 50% visible. And being mine is in horsehide (tan leather) with a M&P in black it kinda highlights the gun.

(Pike County)

Quick Update:

About a week ago I ventured out to Turkey Hill. Boy let me tell you, there must have been quite a few out of state folks in the Parking Lot lol.
    Inside wasn't the awkward part, everyone acted quite nonchalant actually.
    As soon as I hoped into the truck, I noticed a few folks in the other vehicles with the jaws dropped, and the finger pointing like who is this guy, can he do that type looks? hahaha. It didn't help I was jumping into my truck with a Big Ol army plate on the front. That must of kept them thinking. Forgot to mention I am a veteran of the United States Army, 11bravo Infantryman. I felt just right carrying a weapon on my side again.

As for everyone stating it is my right whether I wanted to OC OR CC. Your right, and so far I feel comfortable either way.
    Until that one awkward situation appears.

As for the Walmart comments, yeah... They seriously need to build one in That Part of Ny or NJ. I feel like im back in Nj some nights going down there lol. God damn has this area changed since I first moved up here 14 years ago, hell even post 911 era. It's horrible now.
    Last edited by NepaJames86; January 25th, 2012 at 08:53 PM.

I just renewed my LTCF in Pike county. They gave me a little info sheet with it of "guide lines". One of the things they tell you is to keep your gun concealed so it doesn't create any embarrasing circumstances that could result in them revoking your LTCF. Another example of the police not recognizing the law.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I just renewed my LTCF in Pike county. They gave me a little info sheet with it of "guide lines". One of the things they tell you is to keep your gun concealed so it doesn't create any embarrasing circumstances that could result in them revoking your LTCF. Another example of the police not recognizing the law.
    Hopefully this is a empty threat to keep wasted Leo time down.

But you would figure why revoke ones LTCF?? that makes it so you OC 100% of the time. So basically they would inadvertantly promote it..So what you lose your LTCF, ok a little hassle of locking gun in car when traveling. BIG deal..

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    Hopefully this is a empty threat to keep wasted Leo time down.

But you would figure why revoke ones LTCF?? that makes it so you OC 100% of the time. So basically they would inadvertantly promote it..So what you lose your LTCF, ok a little hassle of locking gun in car when traveling. BIG deal..
    That would be a very big deal. You are allowed to only drive to a range or a gun shop without making any other stops if you don't have an LTCF. You can OC but you can't drive to town and then OC. You would have to walk there.

Interesting points all around. There are two things I'd like to add.

While I tend to agree with most posts here in that it should be your right to OC without hassle, unfortunately not all LEO are supportive in all areas of the state. While you may be within your rights, it doesn't stop an overzealous officer from arresting you, even if it's mistakenly. Sure, you might prevail in court after the fact, but the question to be asked here is whether or not the time, trouble and cost of an arrest, legal counsel and so on is worth it, just to make a point. Just because you can do a thing doesn't always mean you should.

There's also something I'm surprised nobody mentioned regarding OC. At least a key reason why you would NOT want to OC is because you'd be the first target in a hostile encounter. Announcing your status by OC to a potential BG, you eliminate any opportunity for stealth or surprise and place yourself at risk.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by Rovert; February 19th, 2012 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Interesting points all around. There are two things I'd like to add.

While I tend to agree with most posts here in that it should be your right to OC without hassle, unfortunately not all LEO are supportive in all areas of the state. While you may be within your rights, it doesn't stop an overzealous officer from arresting you, even if it's mistakenly. Sure, you might prevail in court after the fact, but the question to be asked here is whether or not the time, trouble and cost of an arrest, legal counsel and so on is worth it, just to make a point. Just because you can do a thing doesn't always mean you should.

There's also something I'm surprised nobody mentioned regarding OC. At least a key reason why you would NOT want to OC is because you'd be the first target in a hostile encounter. Announcing your status by OC to a potential BG, you eliminate any opportunity for stealth or surprise and place yourself at risk.

Just my two cents.
    I agree with you about OC, I don't want the hassle and I think it's better concealed. Having said that, if the law states it's legal why the hell should you get in trouble for it? I don't care what the officer's opinion is, he is there to enforce the law not his opinion.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    ...if the law states it's legal why the hell should you get in trouble for it? I don't care what the officer's opinion is, he is there to enforce the law not his opinion.
    I totally agree. However, we all know that 'enforcement' is a byproduct of 'interpretation'.

For example, in New Jersey, ask 10 different LEO if Hollow Point ammunition is legal and you'll probably get 10 different answers. Though the statute says it's legal, most officers are not legislators nor lawyers. Our nation now has so many laws on a local, state and federal level that it's just not possible for every cop to know - and understand - them all. So they rely on direction from their commanding officers. If those COs are not OC (or in the case of NJ, Hollow Point) friendly - say because of political bias - you can be arrested. Remember that not every county in PA is like Pike. So, though you will likely prove the officer's opinion is wrong, the fact is that it will cost you time, trouble and treasure to do so.
    Last edited by Rovert; February 20th, 2012 at 10:32 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123