Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: New here and a question

Quote Originally Posted by NepaJames86 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the feedback, much appreciated.

What is the deal with the pike county ranges? Open to the public, permits required? I have been going down to the free open range over in Tobyhanna, in Monroe County because my friend lives over there. I'm looking for something a bit more local though. I heard of one up on route 6, but do you need to purchase a permit for the range?

Snert, let me know when your planning that meet, I will be more then willing to go. I live less then 5 min away from the 739 post office as well.
    Range 183 is on Rt 6. You need a shooting range permit or a hunting license.
    The closest indoor ranges are the Pocono Pistol Club and Heberlings. Niether is in pike county.(Monroe and Wayne Counties)

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by NepaJames86 View Post
    Thanks everyone for all the feedback, much appreciated.

What is the deal with the pike county ranges? Open to the public, permits required? I have been going down to the free open range over in Tobyhanna, in Monroe County because my friend lives over there. I'm looking for something a bit more local though. I heard of one up on route 6, but do you need to purchase a permit for the range?

Snert, let me know when your planning that meet, I will be more then willing to go. I live less then 5 min away from the 739 post office as well.
    You can go to the SGL range in hawley but its a crapshoot if you're going to face a handful of retards or not. Ive found the closer you get to the pistol range the more idiots youll deal with. And the earlier you can get there the better. You do need a valid hunting license or a range permit though. Unfortunately its the closest range. Matamoras rod and gun club does have a range but getting in there may take an act of god since Ive never found any info on joining or a cost.

(Lackawanna County)

I lived around milford for a Lil over a year and open carried the whole time! My ltcf is from milford n I never had a prob. Sheriff Philip bueki is all for citizens protecting them selves. I know a few officers around them parts that I hunt with and all have the same views on open carry. It's a good thing! If u been there 14 years then u know all about the crime going up n all about the gas stations being robbed a lot over the last few years. Milford needs more ppl to open carry to let the bad guys know to leave the small town alone! I say don't take advice from someone else on weather to oc or not! If u feel u can't handle the pressure of it leave ur gun home! It is our right to open carry! This is how I look at- bad guy sees u walking n u got a gun on ur side, he most likely will walk the other way n ur family is safe. If u only cc the bad guy don't see a gun and he grabs ur child n puts a knife to his neck! Now what?? (hold on bag guy while I lift my pant leg to get my 380? I think not!

(Lackawanna County)

dont forget the good people from port jervis and beyond coming across to hit up walmart and what not. my wife still doesnt understand why I carry lol.

(Lackawanna County)

Talking Re: New here and a question

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    dont forget the good people from port jervis and beyond coming across to hit up walmart and what not. my wife still doesnt understand why I carry lol.
    I used to work at bon secuor n I would keep my 9 under my seat n as soon as I got back over the bridge the clip went in it! If they built a walmart over there milford would b so much better lol..

(Lancaster County)

Weather dependent I OC/CC in the Tafton/Lake Wallenpaupack area. No one has ever said a word to me.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by heatheroo View Post
    Weather dependent I OC/CC in the Tafton/Lake Wallenpaupack area. No one has ever said a word to me.
    I live right there. I'm glad to hear that you haven't encountered any problems in my area. I know tons of people who CC, but have only ever seen someone OC in Hamlin.

By the way, if you're adventurous and want to go for a nice drive, the public range over in Dyberry is nice, quiet, and seldom very busy. I will go to the Route 6 one every now and then to sight-in a rifle in or pick up brass, but it is unfortunately frequented by many out-of-state shooters with little respect for the facilities and safety.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Matamoras rod and gun club does have a range but getting in there may take an act of god since Ive never found any info on joining or a cost.
    Ahh see maybe you just need to ask a member... hint hint....

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    Ahh see maybe you just need to ask a member... hint hint....
    I didnt realize you were a member there lol

(Pike County)

We have a group of enthusiasts comprised of folks from Milford/Dingmans and the surrounding area. About 1/3 to 1/2 of us open carry. The only time I'm concealed is when it's really cold out or if we go to a dinner or something that requires a jacket. If you go out to eat and want to increase your OC comfort level try Apple Valley in Milford, The Grille near Price Chopper in Matamoras or the Milford Diner. I haven't been to every restaurant in the area but those that I have don't have a problem with OC. The only semi issue I ever had was on line in Turkey Hill on a Sunday morning, a state trooper immediately in front of me and a New York women several people behind me, she thought it was her civic duty to freak out a little and advise the trooper that I had a gun. He politely told her that many people here carry guns and it was OK then turned to me and smiled and chuckled a bit, end of encounter. Walk around confidently, act like you're no different than the guy without a gun and I doubt you will have any issues in the area.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast