Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Small, light handgun

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I agree.
    I've carried a P3AT (no longer own one), .38 snub nose, Glock26, and a Keltec P32. The P32 is the gun I carry 99% of the time in either a pocket holster (or my favorite carry) an ankle holster . It's so small and light, I often forget I have it on me. The recoil of the P32 is considerably more manageable over the P3AT (380). After a bit of research I felt I wasn't giving up that much in firepower going with the P32.
    My philosophy is if it's not comfortable and convenient to carry, you won't. I don't believe in carrying the biggest gun I can, with as many rounds as I can "just in case" this or that may happen. I calculate my exposure to risk and the odds of something happening that would warrant deploying a firearm.
    My philosophy is that one needs to balance ones defensive plan to match ones risk level and life style. No need to waste time and money preparing for a scenario that you are not likely to face in your lifetime, unless of course you are one of those people who enjoy dabbling in that game.
    I don't mean to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but i had a P32 and got rid of it because...in my estimation....it is junk. My cousin and uncle both have one too. My cousin's works ok, my uncle's jams if you put more than 5 rds in it, or attempt to fire anything but FMJ in it.

Plus, the semi rimmed design of the .32acp leads to all kinds of stupid rimlock issues that NO rimless auto has to deal with.

The P3AT/Ruger LCP is a much better gun and fires a much bigger bullet. The Sig P238 is also nice, but it's a lot more money than the LCP, and it has a manual safety (some people don't like this feature).

Cakeshooter if you're near philly you're welcome to try out my Ruger LCP and my Kahr PM9, to see if you like them.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 29th, 2011 at 12:52 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    I don't mean to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but i had a P32 and got rid of it because...in my estimation....it is junk. My cousin and uncle both have one too. My cousin's works ok, my uncle's jams if you put more than 5 rds in it, or attempt to fire anything but FMJ in it.

Plus, the semi rimmed design of the .32acp leads to all kinds of stupid rimlock issues that NO rimless auto has to deal with.

The P3AT/Ruger LCP is a much better gun and fires a much bigger bullet. The Sig P238 is also nice, but it's a lot more money than the LCP, and it has a manual safety (some people don't like this feature).

Cakeshooter if you're near philly you're welcome to try out my Ruger LCP and my Kahr PM9, to see if you like them.
    Thanks! What range do you use?
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

I have a membership at doubletap (right near I-95 academy/torresdale exit). My brother works there. I'm sure he'd be happy to show you every pistol in the place, and answer any questions you might have.

I also have a Sig P228 and HK P7 (compact duty sized weapons) you could have tried out too, but they're both out getting refinished right now. Shoot me a PM if you want to test fire the Kahr or LCP.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 29th, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

(Erie County)

Forget that, let her fire your FiveseveN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Forget that, let her fire your FiveseveN!
    My Five SeveN is at Elite right now, getting night sights installed and a custom kydex holster for the Viridian C5L made. Once i get it back, the barrel is going to tornado for threading, and the rest of the gun is going to Classic Pistol so i can have John Robinson sweeten up the trigger pull.

I probably won't have that back together and ready to rock until about the middle of March.

In the mean time, i picked up 12x 30rd mag extensions for it.

@Cake shooter: The Five SeveN is a big gun, but it's super lightweight, and has virtually no recoil. It basically fires a small rifle bullet and will defeat pretty much any tactical barrier or soft body armor. And it holds 30 shots. One of my favorite Eagles players just bought one at doubletap a few weeks ago, based on my brother's recommendation. I don't think it's really what you're looking for though. It is rather large.
    Last edited by Valorius; December 29th, 2011 at 01:10 PM.

(Allegheny County)

No problem, I don't eat cornflakes. I make my choices based on a foundation of empirical data rather than Internet rumor and hearsay.
    Last edited by Hawk; December 29th, 2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Toujours prêt

I owned one. My cousin owns one. My uncle owns one.

So my opinion of the P32 is obviously based on first hand experiences. YMMV

(Allegheny County)

I owned one. My cousin owns one. My uncle owns one.

So my opinion of the P32 is obviously based on first hand experiences. YMMV
    Yes, you mentioned that. But the fact remains your posts and mine are nothing more than hearsay, from every other readers point of view.
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

My Five SeveN is at Elite right now, getting night sights installed and a custom kydex holster for the Viridian C5L made. Once i get it back, the barrel is going to tornado for threading, and the rest of the gun is going to Classic Pistol so i can have John Robinson sweeten up the trigger pull.

I probably won't have that back together and ready to rock until about the middle of March.

In the mean time, i picked up 12x 30rd mag extensions for it.

@Cake shooter: The Five SeveN is a big gun, but it's super lightweight, and has virtually no recoil. It basically fires a small rifle bullet and will defeat pretty much any tactical barrier or soft body armor. And it holds 30 shots. One of my favorite Eagles players just bought one at doubletap a few weeks ago, based on my brother's recommendation. I don't think it's really what you're looking for though. It is rather large.
    That gun sounds pretty fun to shoot!!!! Awesome.

Don't think we'll be quite down that far, but if we are, I'll def. look ya up! We are up here in Lower Bucks....Sesame Place general area.
    "Stupid people are ruining America." --Herman Cain

Quote Originally Posted by cakeshooter View Post
    That gun sounds pretty fun to shoot!!!! Awesome.

Don't think we'll be quite down that far, but if we are, I'll def. look ya up! We are up here in Lower Bucks....Sesame Place general area.
    Yep, i know the area. You're about a half hour north of me by way of I-95.

Shoot me a PM if you guys want to try the PM9 or LCP.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast