Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New SR9C

Default New SR9C

Okay, I went down to the local gun shop with an open mind. I started perusing what was available. I looked at a couple of Glocks in 9mm, a Beretta 9mm, an XD-45, XD-40, and the Ruger SR9C. I was looking at spending $400.00 to $500.00., leaning towards compact rather than full size. I was open to used or new.

To make a long story short, I chose the Ruger SR9C. (New) It fits great in my hand, even with the short mag in it. (The Baretta and XD compact did not, too much finger overhang). I am very familiar with Rugers having owned a couple in the past, and a presently a P-85, and have always been pleased with the quality and problem free operation. Since I've only had it a few hours I have not fired it yet, but have been carrying it around in my back pocket. I hardly even know it's there! Nice and compact and light. So far I like the gun a lot just for that reason and the fact that it fits well in my hand.

So, any SR9 owners out there, how about a little feedback? I can exchange it for something else if I so desire. So far so good, but the real test I know is putting some rounds downrange.
    Last edited by Defender; December 24th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Fulton County)

Default Re: New SR9C

Take it apart, clean it, lube it, put it back together and feed it lots (it eats anything).
    At least that's been my experience with mine. I put close to 600 rounds downrange with mine. I haven't had 1 single issue.
    I love the sr9c.

Quote Originally Posted by 60-15 View Post
    Take it apart, clean it, lube it, put it back together and feed it lots (it eats anything).
    At least that's been my experience with mine. I put close to 600 rounds downrange with mine. I haven't had 1 single issue.
    I love the sr9c.
    Ok, thanks for the reply. It was sorta what I was expecting to hear. My P-85 has pretty much worked flawlessly throught the many years I've had it, but a bit big in some carry situations. I had heard about a recall problem a few years ago with the SR9, and hadn't remembered what it was all about. That's why I made sure I could bring it back if I wanted too. The SR9C is a post recall gun with the "Glock like " trigger now if I'm not mistaken. I think I'm gonna keep it. This will pretty much be my constant carry weapon from now on, so great positive info. Thanks again.

(York County)

Unhappy Re: New SR9C

I guess I got a lemon, I dumped it soon after... Only Ruger I ever owned I didn't like.
    Every day's a Saturday

(Mercer County)

You've got some very large back pockets, my friend! By all accounts it's a very good gun.

Quick question, how heavy is the trigger? My buddy just bought one, and was debating whether or not to carry it with the safety engaged. Without having tried the trigger on one, I erred on the side of caution and recommended that he utilize the safety.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; December 24th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Philadelphia County)

I carry with the safety on, I practice drawing with my thumb swiping the safety as I remove it from the holster, super easy off and on.

It's a great gun for CC, nice and slim. My hands are a little big and the grip gets me sometimes. But I carry with a modified pinky extension so that it doesn't print so much.

In my 700+ rounds never had an issue with anything I fed it.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by SAB215 View Post
    I carry with the safety on, I practice drawing with my thumb swiping the safety as I remove it from the holster, super easy off and on.

It's a great gun for CC, nice and slim. My hands are a little big and the grip gets me sometimes. But I carry with a modified pinky extension so that it doesn't print so much.

In my 700+ rounds never had an issue with anything I fed it.
    Without having handled one extensively, that's probably how I would carry it. I carry a 1911 in condition one everyday. However, if the trigger is heavy enough, I have no problem with somebody carrying with the safety off. I carried a USP with the hammer down and safety off for about 6 months.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Fulton County)

I carry mine with the safety on. The safety is well placed for quick access when drawing.
    I have small hands, and use the 10 rnd mags with no extension, fits me perfectly.

(Luzerne County)

That Ruger SR9c is a good gun. It convinced me to go with the SRc series. Especially liked the feel of it and the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by edritchey View Post
    I guess I got a lemon, I dumped it soon after... Only Ruger I ever owned I didn't like.
    Wow! Well, it happens sometimes. Had a super beautiful girfriend once too and she turned out to be a lemon. I did likewise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast