Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Looking for a .380 with a Glock Trigger..

Looking for some recommendations!

Relatively new to this, my first purchase was Kahr PM9 after researching what I thought I wanted, a small, 9mm that I could CC. Although it is a great gun, I was spoiled when I shot my instructors Glock 19. I learned about trigger reset and went out and bought a 26. The poor Kahr has taken up permanent residence in the safe since then! I can't even shoot it anymore, the long trigger and almost 0 reset doesn't work for me after the Glock.

My next purchase will be a 19, but I also want to purchase a smaller gun for CC in the summer that will be a little easier to conceal and always have with me in warmer weather.

So I am looking for a recommendation for a small 9mm or .380 (no need to debate the effectiveness of 9mm vs. 380 :-) that will conceal better than my 26 and most importantly, has a trigger that is similar to the Glock, with a short reset.

Don't know if this exists, but figured you guys would know, or at least point me in the right direction!

Default Re: Looking for a .380 with a Glock Trigger..

If you lived in Europe you could just buy a .380 Glock.

I am not aware of any .380's with the glock style trigger. DAO's dominate the .380 segment, but you can get DA's and SA's too. Nothing with a "safety" lever on a short single action-ish trigger with no manual safety that i am aware of though. (I rather suspect there's a reason for that, but i digress)

Check out a Sig P238 or Colt Mustang. They're probably the closest you're gonna get trigger wise to what you're looking for, they're single actions, but both have a manual safety.

Seriously though, try and actually learn to shoot the gun you have. A DAO can be fired VERY fast and smooth with practice...which any good instructor would've pointed out to you. Seriously- the PM9 is fairly widely considered to be the best 9mm super compact CCW on the market today. IMO the PM9 has a vastly superior trigger pull to any factory glock trigger i've ever shot as well as offering a greater margin of safety. I'd offer to buy your PM9...but i just bought one myself.

You mentioned that you're very new to this. Try practicing with the DAO more. A DAO can be fired as fast as ANY single action with practice. (Elmer Keith used to fire his DA revolvers at a cyclic rate of fire of over 600rpm in video taped demonstrations).
    Last edited by Valorius; December 24th, 2011 at 11:55 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Walthers PPS? But that is 9mm / .40.

(Montgomery County)

@Valorius - I agree, the Kahr is a great gun! I haven't had any performance issues with it (except me!) What concerns me is the reset; when I shoot it after the 26, I find myself not letting the trigger out far enough because I am used to the short reset of the Glock. Even pulled the trigger the other day before reset and no bang!

You are right of course, if you practice with anything long enough, you should become proficient, I am just concerned that with 2 radically different triggers, I might not be able to react appropriately under pressure.

Thanks for your comments!

(Allegheny County)

Yep, that glock trigger is great when you are actually shooting guns, even though the internet disagrees.

I don't know of any 380s with that trigger, but you can conceal your 19 just fine with a good holster.

A Glock 19 cannot be as easily concealed as any of the current crop of micro .380s, come on now. Even a PM9 is on a whole different level of conceal-ability when compared to a G19.

The Glock trigger demands a quality holster. Which a lot of people that buy a little .380 don't want to be bothered with. The beauty of these little DAO guns is that they can be slid into a jacket or back pocket, and be carried with 100% confidence and safety.

@OP: When i got my PM9 it took me a few range trips to get used to the long reset, and im an experienced shooter. But it did not take long, and now it's a non issue for me. I do seriously suggest that before you throw hundreds of dollars at hardware, you work on your own innate software. You just need to reprogram your trigger finger a little. You can do it!
    Last edited by Valorius; December 24th, 2011 at 12:14 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Don't worry, I am not looking to sell the PM9 just yet!

And I agree, the PM9 and 19 are not in the same league when it comes to CC. I did finally find a holster I like (Comp Tech Infidel) and the 26 carries very well in it in the winter with a sweat shirt or other bulky cover and I am sure the 19 will as well (Holster goes both ways) but there is some weight and thickness that probably won't work as well with just a T shirt in the summer.

I mainly shoot my Glocks because they are my self defense guns. A few months ago I picked up an LCP for a smaller pocket gun. The trigger isn't really like the Glock but does have a fairly long travel to reset.(over 1/2") I can shoot my LCP well and didn't have any trouble adjusting to it, the accuracy of the little gun actually surprised me. Probably best to go to the shop and pull some triggers.

(Montgomery County)

If you want the versatility of a pocket sized .380 without the typical DA trigger setup, strongly consider one of these. I carry it in summer gear in place of my compact .45. It's a great gun to shoot. FYI, there's an Equinox version on the classifieds for a great price.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    I mainly shoot my Glocks because they are my self defense guns. A few months ago I picked up an LCP for a smaller pocket gun. The trigger isn't really like the Glock but does have a fairly long travel to reset.(over 1/2") I can shoot my LCP well and didn't have any trouble adjusting to it, the accuracy of the little gun actually surprised me. Probably best to go to the shop and pull some triggers.
    I have an LCP too, and really like that as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast