Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default New Handgun! Springfield XD9 :D

So after researching guns for the past year, figuring out all the legal issues I might run into. I finally did it, I bought a pistol!

Landed on a Springfield XD9. It came down to a match between a Glock 19, Glock 26, Ruger SR9C, and the Springfield XD9.

I love the feel of the Glocks, but that trigger safety was just too big a concern for me. The SR9C didn't feel that comfortable in my hand. But the XD9....it was like magic when it hit my hand. The way it sat in my hand, weight distribution, ease of trigger pull and disassembles so simply. One of the big factors was the dual safeties. Its not like a manual switch somewhere on the gun that requires more work to disengaged in a emergency situation, but its still one level above the Glocks design.

Overall I'm happy with the gun, now to go shoot it tomorrow at the range!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: New Handgun! Springfield XD9 :D

Congrats on your purchase! I hope that this is the first of many for you, it is a hard addiction to shake once you start. Can't wait for a range report once you take it out.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

(Montgomery County)

Congrats! I've tried all of the guns you've mentioned... Glock 19 (Gen 4), Glock 26 (Gen 3), SR9c, XD9.

I own the SR9c (and an SR9, as well) and the XD9 Subcompact now. The way the XD9 fits the hand is definitely the best out of the bunch, like you mentioned. The SR9 and SR9c were my favorite choice originally in terms of performance, but since the XD is broken in, it performs just as good, but feels slightly better than the Rugers.

The Glock 19 had Gen 4 issues out the ass (FTE, FTF, Stovepipe, etc.) - the 26 performed flawlessly, but the XD9 Subcompact was like it's clone, but better feeling and the safety (grip safety) for me was a better fit, like you mentioned.

Enjoy!!!!

(Lycoming County)

So I went out today with my friend and put about 50 rounds through it....

I'm in love <3

The gun shot so smooth, nice recoil and a very nice trigger pull. 50 rounds fed through it flawlessly. Also the 16 round magazine seems to last FOREVER, haha. I can definitely say now I made the right choice, very happy with my first handgun.

Now to get a left handed holster and my concealed carry license to come in and I'll be set!
    Last edited by Scubaru_Steve; December 24th, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

(York County)

Congrats!!! I just put 300 plus rounds through my(new to me) XD 40 service today. The thing shoots 1-2 inch groups at 25 ft and inside of 4 inches at 50ft. That's with me not shooting a pistol in probably 15 years.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ckk09 View Post
    Congrats! I've tried all of the guns you've mentioned... Glock 19 (Gen 4), Glock 26 (Gen 3), SR9c, XD9.

I own the SR9c (and an SR9, as well) and the XD9 Subcompact now. The way the XD9 fits the hand is definitely the best out of the bunch, like you mentioned. The SR9 and SR9c were my favorite choice originally in terms of performance, but since the XD is broken in, it performs just as good, but feels slightly better than the Rugers.

The Glock 19 had Gen 4 issues out the ass (FTE, FTF, Stovepipe, etc.) - the 26 performed flawlessly, but the XD9 Subcompact was like it's clone, but better feeling and the safety (grip safety) for me was a better fit, like you mentioned.

Enjoy!!!!
    Was it an early gen 4?

Richland Township (Bucks County) PA, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

We recently had to reduce our arsenal greatly to fund a new house, and I was left with my 1911, my G26, and my xdm compact in 9mm.

The glock is the smaller, more concealable pistol. That being said, I still shoot better with the XDMc. I prefer to carry the g26 with the +2 pinky extender, and I'll give glock the points of grip texture (not angle) and finish over Springfield.

Any are great choices. I think Ruger has it's nose up californias ass and the "beavertail" on the SR doesn't do it for me - but they too are solidly made pistols. Forget the SR series if you are committed to ruger, find a P345 or P89/P90.
    "More is lost through indecision than wrong decision"

(Clearfield County)

I needed to get a service type gun for teaching so I bought an XD. I train staff with Glock 17s but I never liked the size of the grip. The XD works great, shoots any 9mm ammo, feels good in the hand, and shot pretty well except it always hit high. Since I never considered it a target gun, I simply adjusted for the elevation. Then after about 4 years, I wanted to add night sights for demonstrations during dim light training and I put Trijicon sights on it. The pistol then hit point of aim, point of impact as this 25 yard, freehand group shows. It must have had the wrong sight put on at the factory. I only mention this in case you run into the same thing. I am sure Springfield would have made good on it if I would have returned it for repair. Good choice and best of luck with it.

Nice on the XD. I just bought a Ruger SR9C myself, but eventually I want an XD in .45. I have heard pretty much nothing but good reviews on the pistol. Good luck with it, and happy shooting!
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Mercer County)

Fantastic gun. I have several thousand rounds between an XD 40 subcompact and a service XD 9. Never had an issue with either. Have fun with it!
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast