Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    737

    Default Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Forward set trigger and hard sear, plus the stainless Storm Lake barrel?


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sugarloaf, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Age
    37
    Posts
    631
    Rep Power
    17038

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Very nice. The M&P 45 with the Apex DCAEK is next up on my list.
    Let us hope for the best, but let us also prepare for the worst.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,064
    Rep Power
    604450

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Funny that this thread came up. I just spoke to John from Apex and he is going to be doing a level 2 trigger service on my M&P9c. Also going to have him install Warren Tactical 2 Dot Tritium sights.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    737

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    I'm not sure what a level 2 trigger service entails, but with Apex I'm confident you'll be happy.

    I started with the "DCAEK"' ie the carry and action enhancement kit. It included new springs, a new sear to cut down on pre travel, and a reset assist mechanism so you could feel the trigger reset. It was a great improvement.

    Then apex came out with the FSSTS, which was the next evolution. It included a sear and trigger (and springs), which eliminated pre travel, post travel, and reset issues, even for thumb safety models like mine. It's genius.

    I preordered and got one of the first 150 shipped. It's been flawless. Like I said, can't go wrong with Apex Tactical.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    That trigger looks like something from transformers.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    737

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Quote Originally Posted by whiff45 View Post
    That trigger looks like something from transformers.
    If you have an M&P, you'll love this trigger. Its the closest thing to a 1911 trigger that I've ever seen in a polymer service pistol. If you own a polymer service pistol that's not an M&P, consider getting one. Shooting it is absolute ecstasy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Hueco Mundo, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    2,064
    Rep Power
    604450

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Quote Originally Posted by adoddere View Post
    I'm not sure what a level 2 trigger service entails, but with Apex I'm confident you'll be happy.

    I started with the "DCAEK"' ie the carry and action enhancement kit. It included new springs, a new sear to cut down on pre travel, and a reset assist mechanism so you could feel the trigger reset. It was a great improvement.

    Then apex came out with the FSSTS, which was the next evolution. It included a sear and trigger (and springs), which eliminated pre travel, post travel, and reset issues, even for thumb safety models like mine. It's genius.

    I preordered and got one of the first 150 shipped. It's been flawless. Like I said, can't go wrong with Apex Tactical.
    Here is what the Level 2 entails:

    Apex Level 2 Trigger: $150 plus s&h
    This package includes installing the Apex DCAEK Kit (Hard Sear, Ultimate Striker Block and Spring Kits). The Apex Hard Sear and trigger bar are polished to run as smoothly as possible as part of this service. This will result in a 5-5.5lb trigger pull weight.

    I think the important part is that he will be polishing everything and making sure it runs as smooth as possible. Though the Apex is a drop-in kit, there is always room for fine tuning and this is what these folks do for a living. I know that when I had my Geissele trigger installed by Bill G., he sat there for about 5-10 minutes tuning/polishing it for me.

    This might be an unfounded fear but if I'm involved in a self-defense situation and the prosecutors want to pick me apart and go after the trigger - I can say that it was done professionally by a gunsmith. Having a gun smith do it for me removes all doubt and gives me peace of mind.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    35
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Quote Originally Posted by adoddere View Post
    If you have an M&P, you'll love this trigger. Its the closest thing to a 1911 trigger that I've ever seen in a polymer service pistol. If you own a polymer service pistol that's not an M&P, consider getting one. Shooting it is absolute ecstasy
    Any possible way you could get a video up of the initial pull take-up and reset point?

    I don't have an M&P, but that looks interesting.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Poconos, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    5,338
    Rep Power
    12614

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    This might be an unfounded fear but if I'm involved in a self-defense situation and the prosecutors want to pick me apart and go after the trigger - I can say that it was done professionally by a gunsmith. Having a gun smith do it for me removes all doubt and gives me peace of mind.
    Not to derail the thread but the concern with trigger jobs has never been whether one was performed by the owner or the gun smith. Simply that a "trigger job" was performed, period. The arguement is that the trigger job makes the weapon more prone to shooting before one was prepared to do so, negligently discharging and killing someone who didn't need to be shot. The arguement also attempts to show that the owner of the gun also had a "vigilante" mentality.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    737

    Default Re: Did I show you guys my M&P with the Apex ...

    Quote Originally Posted by whiff45 View Post
    Any possible way you could get a video up of the initial pull take-up and reset point?

    I don't have an M&P, but that looks interesting.
    I haven't looked, but I'd bet Apex has uploaded some videos on YouTube. They made several for the DCAEK, and probably did the same for the the FSST. If not, someone else probably did. Like this one



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkJs7...e_gdata_player

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 431
    Last Post: October 9th, 2018, 02:25 AM
  2. APEX Tactical kit
    By ar15jules in forum Gunsmithing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 27th, 2011, 09:32 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 25th, 2011, 07:03 PM
  4. Replies: 19
    Last Post: December 3rd, 2010, 05:17 AM
  5. Navy guys.....show us your ship!!
    By mikey in forum General
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: April 21st, 2009, 11:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops