Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Lancaster County Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop25 View Post
    Guns coming INTO the show will be empied by our security and will recieve a nylon wire tie.Guns LEAVING the show will have the wire tie cut and you can load the gun once you are outside of the show area.What you do on the streets of lancaster is your business !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think if you load your pistol on the streets of Lancater City you might get arrested by Mayor Grey's anti gun police. And remember the "security cameras", which I suspect are trained on the Convention Center.

If you wait until you reach your car to reload you are unarmed, while you walk the streets of Lancaster City. If you wait to reload until reaching your car, even if you are not mugged on the way, you still have concerns about being arrested for brandishment or some such charge.

What is needed is a safe reloading area or better yet say keep your loaded gun in your holster, as you would in a grocery store, shopping mall, etc.
    Last edited by jack76590; February 29th, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: Lancaster County Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    I think if you load your pistol on the streets of Lancater City you might get arrested by Mayor Grey's anti gun police. And remember the "security cameras", which I suspect are trained on the Convention Center.

If you wait until you reach your car to reload you are unarmed, while you walk the streets of Lancaster City. If you wait to reload until reaching your car, even if you are not mugged on the way, you still have concerns about being arrested for brandishment or some such charge.

What is needed is a safe reloading area or better yet say keep your loaded gun in your holster, as you would in a grocery store, shopping mall, etc.
    HELLO !!!!!!!!! Load your gun at our gun check table where we have TWO ceritfied bullet traps ...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by gunshop25 View Post
    HELLO !!!!!!!!! Load your gun at our gun check table where we have TWO ceritfied bullet traps ...
    If you do in fact have two certified bullet traps, where people can reload, I commend you. But if you provide this service, why did you make a comment about reloading in the street?

(Montgomery County)

Smile Re: Lancaster County Gun Show

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    If you do in fact have two certified bullet traps, where people can reload, I commend you. But if you provide this service, why did you make a comment about reloading in the street?
    The only comment I made is what you do on the street is your business...
    see ya at the show...

Is this show worth driving 2 hours for ?

(Westmoreland County)

This is the first time for this show set up by VFGC. These folks have a good reputation for drawing vendors and public to their shows. Lots of advertising and PR. Many vendors such as myself are giving this show a fair try. I would suggest, with all due respect, we should. No point in negative reping a show till it happens. Hopefully we shall see many of you there this weekend. Drop by Highland Arms tables say hello.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    This is the first time for this show set up by VFGC. These folks have a good reputation for drawing vendors and public to their shows. Lots of advertising and PR. Many vendors such as myself are giving this show a fair try. I would suggest, with all due respect, we should. No point in negative reping a show till it happens. Hopefully we shall see many of you there this weekend. Drop by Highland Arms tables say hello.
    Nice post Jeff. Hope all goes well. There is always room for another quality gunshow.

Bob D

is their any chance of being able to get a stripped ar lower and maybe a lower parts kit at this show?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by samdog View Post
    Please explain more clearly how this security works.

Are there airport style metal detectors or detection wands at the door?

No

Is the gun emptied by the owner or handed to security for that?

By owner

What happens to the loose ammunition or magazines?

Pocket

Are they tossed into a box? Or are they tagged with a receipt? Or returned to the owner after the wire tie is attached?
    Returned to owner

This is an insurance issue involving promoter/venue liability. It is mostly intended for the guy who comes in with two rifles on each shoulder and handguns sticking out of his pockets. It's really not that hard to comply with.

(Lehigh County)

If they don't have metal detectors and aren't frisking people how would they even know somebody is carrying concealed unless the person tells them so?

Food for thought.....

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast