Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Restoration of Gun rights for 3rd Degree Felony Theft of Service

Sorry OP, I don't buy anything you have said. You stated you
    do civil law, and have no access to someone that can help you
    with this, BULLSHIT!

Living in the same house for 15 years, and accumulating
    over 2000 dollars for gas you state you never used because
    it had been shut off.

Reread your second post!

Quote Originally Posted by badd302 View Post

When they came to my house and said I restored gas service, I told them to give me a minute as I had to put my rottweiler away, then when I returned to the door, they were gone.
    Sorry, don't buy it!

Oh, Happy New Year!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Sorry OP, I don't buy anything you have said. You stated you
    do civil law, and have no access to someone that can help you
    with this, BULLSHIT!

Living in the same house for 15 years, and accumulating
    over 2000 dollars for gas you state you never used because
    it had been shut off.

Reread your second post!

Sorry, don't buy it!

Oh, Happy New Year!
    My gas company won't restore service unless someones home. They relight the pilot light on the furnace & hot water heater.

(Allegheny County)

You know what, I really do not care if you believe me or not anymore. Seriously. I came to ask about guns and everyone has gotten stuck on this theft of service, like the gas company and the DA and court system are all perfect. Oh, not true. So, it has to be me, right? LOL Well, whatever. I am not lying and frankly, could care less anymore and am sick of the character bashing in favor of the almighty gas company and the scrum sucking DA. Do not comment anymore, I am going to delete them.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by badd302 View Post
    You know what, I really do not care if you believe me or not anymore. Seriously. I came to ask about guns and everyone has gotten stuck on this theft of service, like the gas company and the DA and court system are all perfect. Oh, not true. So, it has to be me, right? LOL Well, whatever. I am not lying and frankly, could care less anymore and am sick of the character bashing in favor of the almighty gas company and the scrum sucking DA. Do not comment anymore, I am going to delete them.
    Hi.

First, it's easy to be set aback by the bluntness of some of the responses you get on this forum in particular. But that is the defining characteristic of this forum- precise and accurate information.

It may take a few goes, but generally the folks here are pretty adept at collecting the required info and providing responsible and accurate feedback.

When you ask a question here, we take your request seriously and do our very best to answer correctly and completely. Many of us know when to back out and yield to the professionals on this site (legal, that is ), but we can still ask Q's and even try to help with providing info and opinions.

You're taken the term "troll" very strongly. Well, it is not an endearing term, that's true. In this case I believe the term is used to describe a post that may not provide all the information in an accurate manner with the intent of either misleading readers/posters for amusement's sake (I don't think so in this case), or as an attempt to manipulate and shape the responses into an answer inconsistent with what would be provided if all the info was provided.

It seems your responses to the information and questions (and attempts to point out the perceived discrepancies AND the significance of those differences) are coming across that you want someone to tell you it is okay to do something that could cause you (more) legal troubles.

Folks here are pretty careful NOT to get anyone into trouble. It's an integrity thing.

So you can choose to be offended, take or not the advice given, or you can take a deep breath and accept the responses genuinely have your best interests in mind. Ask more questions if you like, provide info as asked (or not- it's your private business and decision if you want to share/post on a public forum).

Oh, and keep in mind- if you don't like the answers, you can always request a refund at any time!

Either way, best of luck with your entire situation.
    I Dial 1911

(Northampton County)

Maybe I just just don't understand. Over the past 13 years I've had 2 homes that had gas service. One is in Bangor Pa & the other was in in New Castle Pa. I never had one single problem with either gas co.

Now...afaik....gas meters are on the outside....at least mine both were/are.
    If the OP did restore service,any gas passing thru the meter would show up on the meter......right?? Either the numbers showed gas flowing or they did not....right?? I'm no expert on this,so if anyone works in this industry.....please chime in.

Now I have never had gas or any other utility shut off by the provider aside from changing residences. If I was shut off for non payment,I would be looking for paperwork/documentation as to the number on the meter when service was cut.....if for nothing else to avoid a billing error.

So the OP had documentation of service being restored & the court ignored it??
    Last edited by reverserboy; January 10th, 2012 at 01:07 PM.

(Monroe County)

Your first goal should be to do whatever it takes not to get a Conviction. The Conviction is what counts in the longrun. In the shortrun, if you are under indictment for a crime which you could be imprisoned for more then a year, you have to report it on the (unfair) paperwork you fill out when you purchase a gun. If you are under indictment you should not attempt to purchase gun until this is cleared up. It seems you are in a good position to clear this up pretty easy. I recommend you do so.

It is my opinion that a crime, or alleged crime, that does not involve use of firearms should not in anyway restrict someones Second Amendment right... any more then their First Amendment Right. Unfortunately, liberals in in charge of the law these days.

...for the record... when I took over the site where I currently have my Gym Business, the locks on the electric box had been cut and the power was on. I only had possession of the place for a few days. The PPL service person just mention this to me as a point of information when you came to put the power on. He did not accuse me of turning it on anything. I am just saying this to make the point that it could have been turned on by someone else... most likely a contractors employee for his convenience.
    Last edited by tsafa; January 10th, 2012 at 04:58 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I think you shouldn't buy a gun before this current situation is resolved. Good luck.

(York County)

Couldnt the OP just get a cross or compound bow? For home protection.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post
    Couldnt the OP just get a cross or compound bow? For home protection.
    Uhm..that only works on vampires

Sorry, couldn't resist!
    I Dial 1911

Quote Originally Posted by reverserboy View Post
    Maybe I just just don't understand. Over the past 13 years I've had ...
    That makes two of us.

I have received neg rep on this forum for being blunt before and it didn't impress me then. So what part of "you don't pay your bill, we cut your supply" did the OP not understand?

If your utility company shuts you off for non payment, and it is legit because you didn't pay, then "restoring service" sounds like "theft" to me. Where I live, theft is a crime.

Jan
    So long and thanks for all the fish.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast