Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: Why Glock?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Why Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    FWIW the .45 Glocks do pretty much suck.

If you wanted my recommendation on a .45 plastic gun it would not be a Glock.
    I disagree as well......I've owned my .45 for quite a while now and no problems at all, in fact my G30sf is the best shooting gun I have ever owned. I love this gun, and not only is it the best shooting, the most accurate gun I've shot.

(Washington County)

OK.. I am gonna stay above the fray somewhat.. I read 12 of the 16 pages and nothing ever seems to change.. Some people reply who hate the Glock, and then some people reply who love it.. In the midst of all those replies we have the ones who either have them anyway, or don't have them and want to know what to expect from them.. I say to each their own, but at least acknowledge that even if you personally don't like them, they MAY be the answer for others.

I LOVE my Glocks, I have 5 of them. I have a 23, 21 G4, 19, 27, and the latest addition, the 17. Sometime in Feb or March if its been released, I will have the new G20 Gen4. I also have Ruger, Walther, Kimber, and in the near future a few Sigs are on my list. Someday even an HK, XD, and an FN or two will join the ranks.

I appreciate ALL firearms, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, and many other in-between. They all have SOMETHING to add.. If i had not other options and I needed a gun in a hurry, you can bet your ass i would grab a hi-point in any caliber and start defending myself.

We all have our favorites, and I say fantastic.. I would suggest that anyone buying a pistol, go to a gun shop, and start talking to the more experienced guys there and also look at the guns they carry on their hips and see what you can learn. Hold as many as you can and get a feel for them, and then make a short list of the top three guns and try each of those at a range than will rent them to you. Try each of the big 3 calibers too.. 9x19 (9mm), .40 S&W, and the .45 ACP. each has its characteristics and recoil attributes.
    Last edited by dmcdonnell; December 29th, 2011 at 12:24 AM.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bedford County)

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    OK.. I am gonna stay above the fray somewhat.. I read 12 of the 16 pages and nothing ever seems to change.. Some people reply who hate the Glock, and then some people reply who love it.. In the midst of all those replies we have the ones who either have them anyway, or don't have them and want to know what to expect from them.. I say to each their own, but at least acknowledge that even if you personally don't like them, they MAY be the answer for others.

I LOVE my Glocks, I have 5 of them. I have a 23, 21 G4, 19, 27, and the latest addition, the 17. Sometime in Feb or March if its been released, I will have the new G20 Gen4. I also have Ruger, Walther, Kimber, and in the near future a few Sigs are on my list. Someday even an HK, XD, and an FN or two will join the ranks.

I appreciate ALL firearms, pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, and many other in-between. They all have SOMETHING to add.. If i had not other options and I needed a gun in a hurry, you can bet your ass i would grab a hi-point in any caliber and start defending myself.

We all have our favorites, and I say fantastic.. I would suggest that anyone buying a pistol, go to a gun shop, and start talking to the more experienced guys there and also look at the guns they carry on their hips and see what you can learn. Hold as many as you can and get a feel for them, and then make a short list of the top three guns and try each of those at a range than will rent them to you. Try each of the big 3 calibers too.. 9x19 (9mm), .40 S&W, and the .45 ACP. each has its characteristics and recoil attributes.
    Be sure to talk to several experienced guys, because if this thread shows anything.... Everybody is a critic and everybody has an opinion !

(Washington County)

Amen to that... talk to as many "gun guys" as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by jshwak View Post
    Be sure to talk to several experienced guys, because if this thread shows anything.... Everybody is a critic and everybody has an opinion !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Valorius View Post
    Whoops. The relative is almost 50, and has had an LTCF since right after the UFA was passed, years ago.
    1935 ?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    If I was going to war I would take a F-22 over a P-51 any day of the week.
    Aren't the F-22s grounded? Not a good sign.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaThunder View Post
    Maybe someday in a hundred years every gun company will have a gun that says glock 19 on the side . .
    Now that is just deranged.

(Washington County)

Not to beat a dead horse, but crack goes my whip once again... On the subject of grip angle on the Glock... One of the things that really drives me nuts is that the Glock grip "angle" is EXACTLY the same as the venerable 1911. The original 1911 A1 had a curved mainspring housing.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I get that some people don't like the grip angle, the boxy design of the grip, or the trigger or other functional aspects of the gun. I personally prefer the S&W M&P line over Glock as the ergonomics fit me better. But writing off Glock or similar duty style pistols because they have no perceived "soul" is counterproductive. A Carry gun is a tool, designed for a specific task..

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but crack goes my whip once again... On the subject of grip angle on the Glock... One of the things that really drives me nuts is that the Glock grip "angle" is EXACTLY the same as the venerable 1911. The original 1911 A1 had a curved mainspring housing.
    lol, not sure why grip angle keeps getting beat around.
    the luger grip style was praised back in the day and i find it rather comfy, same with the grip angle on the modern 1911s.
    a shooter should be versatile enough that the minor change in angle from the 1911 style to the luger style shouldnt throw off your accuracy or ability to handle the weapon reliably.
    yeah, i am not from PA nor have i ever been to PA....still love reading this forum.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Recruiter View Post
    Now that is just deranged.
    Ha well I'm sure some people thought the same of our classic beloved platforms. I am not into glocks but a lot of people are.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516