Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Glock Safety?

Threaded View

(Lycoming County)

Default Glock Safety?

So I have been on here for over a year now, done a fair amount of research. Talked to friends, went to some gun shops. Pretty much have started to narrow my search for a hand gun.

I want something I can conceal carry on occasion, have it in my vehicle when going on drives, and take out to the range for target practice.

Looking to stay with 9mm or .40 cal, and like having more than 10 in the mag. Also price is somewhat of an issue, $500 is the sweet spot.

So I have been eyeing up Glocks for awhile. Liked the 19 but it is rather large for conceal carry, some friends suggested the 26 which proves to be a much more compact gun.

However my issue is safety. Obviously Glocks have made a name for themselves and people stand by the product. But something about that DAO Trigger safety just doesn't seem like enough to me. Granted in an attack situation fumbling with safeties isn't ideal but if this thing is going to be unused 99% of the time I conceal carry I'd rather not be afraid with every step of an accidental discharge.

So people of PAFOA, Do you find Glocks safety stands up? Or should I be scoping for something else?
    Last edited by Scubaru_Steve; December 22nd, 2011 at 12:23 AM.