Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool Sig P250 is it any good?

My duty weapon is a Glock 22. I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on the Sig P250 in either .40 or .45? It's such a cheap price for a Sig.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Sig P250 is it any good?

I have never owned one, but was told sig's are always good guns.....except for the p250 lol! I would stay away honestly....I have never heard anything worthwhile about them. Plus you already have a glock which is a step in the right direction!

(Cumberland County)

stay with the glock imo. the 250 is a entry level sig with everything cut off it that makes a sig a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    I have never owned one, but was told sig's are always good guns.....except for the p250 lol! I would stay away honestly....I have never heard anything worthwhile about them. Plus you already have a glock which is a step in the right direction!
    Glocks are excellent. I wonder why the 250 doesn't just get a trigger change. I don't care for long resets myself. The only thing that interests me about the 250 is the price.

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    stay with the glock imo. the 250 is a entry level sig with everything cut off it that makes a sig a sig.
    My dept started issuing the G22s last year around this time. Phasing out the .35 Para. I like my G22, the interest in the 250 is from a novelty standpoint, I probably would just use it for range fun.

(Bucks County)

I have a Sig P250 Sub Compact chambered in 9 mm. I am very happy with it. If you broke in on revolvers, like I did, then you will enjoy this gun. The gun is accurate and dependable - I don't know what else can be asked of a firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired S/A View Post
    I have a Sig P250 Sub Compact chambered in 9 mm. I am very happy with it. If you broke in on revolvers, like I did, then you will enjoy this gun. The gun is accurate and dependable - I don't know what else can be asked of a firearm.
    It sure does seem nice. I'm ordering the compact .40 right now.
    I love this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Having not actually having owned the gun and just going off rants from metal sig owners doesn't mean it's a bad gun. If you have some sources you wish to use in order to back up your statement then by all means please feel free to post them. I have a feeling that any inconsistencies in the reliability of the P250 are relating back to the original (1st gen) design which had some flaws when it was introduced. However Sig has come out with a second gen version of the P250 which is really a fantastic performing gun.

Anyway, I currently own a second gen P250 compact chambered in .40 S&W and I can say that it has been every bit as reliable as my Glock 34. Neither have ever failed to fire, eject, etc. (reloads or otherwise). I also have an exchange kit to shoot .45 ACP (full size P250) and that has never failed me either.

I would trust this gun with my life and currently I do given that it is my daily carry. I would trust the Glock too :-). They are both great guns.

Quote Originally Posted by 135Grain View Post
    Glocks are excellent. I wonder why the 250 doesn't just get a trigger change. I don't care for long resets myself. The only thing that interests me about the 250 is the price.
    If you're not a fan of the DAO trigger then perhaps you may be interested in the Sig Pro (SP2022). That's a DA/SA setup. As far as the DAO trigger on the P250 is concerned, it is honestly one of the best double action triggers I have ever had the pleasure of shooting.

(Chester County)

I owned a p250 compact in .40 and had nothing but problems with it. Constant stovepipes and misfeeds. I did like the feel of the frame, it fit my hand well, but the double-action only trigger pull was too long for my taste and as I have fairly large hands it effected my trigger squeeze.

BUT!!!

My brother bought the 250 2sum in .40, a sub-compact and a full-size with one easily changable trigger mechanism, making it one firearm as far as the ATF is concerned. He loves the things and has nothing but praise for them, with none of the problems I ran into. And I must say that for the price he paid it is one hell of a deal.

(Lackawanna County)

Lostbits, the op asked for an opinion...I clearly stated I never owned one so take it for what it's worth. I gave him my opinion based on the numerous posts here and on other forums as well as shooters I know/met in matches or at matches. I did not just give him some fanboy bs. So relax, enjoy your p250.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast