Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default SBR in Philadelphia.....is it possible?

Does anyone know if someone has been successful in getting a SBR in Philadelphia without having to either form a corporation or establish a gun trust? My goal is to get this from the BATFE as a Philadelphia resident without having to exploit the loopholes of forming a corporation or a trust.

I am somewhat familiar with the process and will be starting soon in getting everything filed. But before i start i wanted to know if any other Philadelphia residents have gone through the process. I am especially interested to hear if they were able to get the law enforcement to sign off on their documents.

Default Re: SBR in Philadelphia.....is it possible?

Yes, you can do this without a corporation or trust. Form a limited liability company instead.

Not as risky as a trust, nor as formal as a corporation. Very easy to maintain if set up right in the beginning. We've done this for many folks, some in Philadelphia.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Yes, you can do this without a corporation or trust. Form a limited liability company instead.

Not as risky as a trust, nor as formal as a corporation. Very easy to maintain if set up right in the beginning. We've done this for many folks, some in Philadelphia.
    Please PM your information. I am very interested in your process.

Look HERE for the form the Commonwealth publishes. LLCs are easy to form. You do need to file a RCT-101 PA Corporate TAx Return, Schedule X and Schedule L, but the forms are not hard and no tax is payable. For personal federal income tax you show the LLC's income (none) on a Schedule C. I'm about to do my 2011 filings and may be persuaded to post a how-to if people want.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    Look HERE for the form the Commonwealth publishes. LLCs are easy to form. You do need to file a RCT-101 PA Corporate TAx Return, Schedule X and Schedule L, but the forms are not hard and no tax is payable. For personal federal income tax you show the LLC's income (none) on a Schedule C. I'm about to do my 2011 filings and may be persuaded to post a how-to if people want.
    Thank you very much for that update. Since the year to year tax filings were my largest concern, your direcetions made it clear that it is an easy year to year process. This will most likely be my course.

I did post a longer how-to on forming the LLC and filing the tax forms annually, but it's in supsension pending my talking to another lawyer who persuaded the staff to delete the post. More coming on that in due course.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by cgk View Post
    I did post a longer how-to on forming the LLC and filing the tax forms annually, but it's in supsension pending my talking to another lawyer who persuaded the staff to delete the post. More coming on that in due course.
    that is strange. hopefully i get to read more soon.