Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Exclamation You get what you wait for ...

I have a newly acquired M&P 9 that was in need of some kydex. In the past I've had two different sets of Atomic Dog holsters/mag carriers for Glocks and loved them both. You probably see where this is going ... I decided that hey, it's just kydex let's see what someone with faster turn around time can do! This had me looking at DSG Arms and their kydex gear. I ordered a holster and dual mag carrier for my M&P with a TLR-1.

The order was placed and the gear shipped the next day. That was a plus. That's pretty much where the pluses stop. Both the holster and mag carrier did not meet my standards, and I'm not real picky. The holster and mag carrier came in separate plastic DSG bags and they were stuffed into a UPS mailing bag. That mailing bag wasn't sealed and then stuffed in a card board box with a packing list, and a DSG sticker. The box was a little roughed up but nothing that would have affected the holsters. They arrived USPS.

The kydex on the mag holder had a burr on it, the rear mag slot is also quite tight. Both of these items are not deal breakers but since there is more I mention it.

The actual gun holster has some imperfections from a discoloration to some scratching on the kydex, again not a deal breaker but it goes on. There is a huge split on the bottom which you can see right through, it's not supposed to be there. The gun's holster also doesn't fully cover the trigger guard as their pictures indicate. And the kicker, after removing the gun from it's holster pieces of kydex are stuck all about my front sight.

I sent an email along with pictures asking for a RMA, I let one full business day pass without any word. No fault to them, one day isn't very long. However, I really wanted to get this holster back in the mail. I spoke with a gentlemen who was super nice and sent me the RMA via email while on the phone.

Unfortunately shipping is on me both ways, the holster is on it's way back to DSG.

I guess you get what you wait for, now it's time to place my order with Atomic Dog again and patiently wait it out!

I should make it clear that the buying, shipping, and customer service aspects of DSG were great, it was just the products that were sub par.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: You get what you wait for ...

That sucks. I appreciate you posting this, as I was kicking around buying one of these for a G19 I just picked up. I'll probably go for the Raven Concealment now.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

You having to pay return shipping for incredibly defective products isn't excellent customer service...at least in my book.

They didn't even bother giving those a cursory once-over before they shipped them to you. They knowingly sent you a holster that exposed the trigger.

(Berks County)

On the return RMA sheet I asked again for a refund of shipping. We will see how it goes. I'll update once I know more.

(Bucks County)

Looks like they sent you a holster intended for the M&P 9C.

That sucks. That's why I wil lalways go with COMP-TAC and or Crossbreed holsters.

(Montgomery County)

+1 on Comp Tac and Raven Concealment. I had a Raven Concealment for my M&P and was quite happy with it, and Comp Tac's paddle worked great for one of my Glocks.

(Montgomery County)

Another +1 on the Raven Concealment. I currently run their holster for my M&P9c. There are a lot of options out there that make good kydex holsters. NTAC comes to mind.

That sucks. What a pain having to ship again, extra cost, etc.

Really it doesnt look that bad other than the crack in the bottom where the two pieces seperated. I'da been pissed bout that. The shavings on your sight are just from drilling for the fasteners but, yeah, they coulda blew it out or something. The scratches and black mark are something I could have lived with. But that damn crack, c'mon guys. A simple once over by QC woulda solved this whole problem.

Edit, oh yeah, not covering the trigger gaurd is a joke too.
    Last edited by brownman; December 21st, 2011 at 11:48 AM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Montgomery County)

I think the part that bothers me about the way the company handled this situation is that they made the customer pay for return shipping. I've dealt with various companies and a majority of them will eat the cost of shipping if they messed up.

This is unrelated to this thread but somewhat relevant - I only know of one company that actually pays for shipment back to the factory for warranty repair and that is Stag Arms. If they can eat the cost of having a product shipped back to them for warranty repair then surely a company that messed up QCing their product can cover the cost of this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast