Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Part time resident

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    i've got two good alarm systems.
    a pissed off wife, and at least 1 big freaking gun. with bayonet.

you can often reprogram an alarm system to call you directly and avoid monitoring fees.
    beneficial if you are local and poor.
    hell, you can program mine to call 10 numbers in the event of an alarm.
    It could be monitoring company propaganda, but I have often heard that police don't take self-monitored alarm calls seriously.

(Monroe County)

Sounds like propaganda to me, desperate to maintain business, can't really blame them I suppose. Intruder better hope the police get there before us, right?

IF the powers that be questions your residency in PA.

§ 95.2. Residence requirements.

There is no law against owning two primary residences

(Northampton County)

Dunkleburgerers...LOL that was mistake number one.

(Monroe County)

I have bought a couple of pistols from dunks, I was not looking to make new friends i was looking to buy a pistol at decent price,and that i did 3 times! I could give a rats ass about bloomberg and his NYPD henchmen! what are they gonna do come to my house and scold me for buying a gun? i have nothing to hide,Dave all you need to tell them at the store is that the address on your license is your actual address THATS IT! dont give out to much info,the same thing happened to my friend dave,he just went back when he got his peminent PADL and then they were not so cautious with him,just about every time i go in there i see some guy from NY or NJ trying to buy a gun and they get turned away,if you own a house here and have a PA DL you can buy a gun here and if you pay the monroe 1% tax bring that too (with that you can get a PA LTCF down the block froms dunks at the sherriffs office and carry your new pistol as well) by the way i too used to live in NYC ! welcome to the forum.....enjoy! lots of good people and info here.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Divodave View Post
    Hello all & Merry Christmas. I have a house in Tannersville (3 yrs now) that I am at every weekend & any free time in between. I am a NY resident & want to be able to purchase fireams for use in PA. How do I accomplish this? Switching residency is not an option yet.
    Simply, you have to comply with ATF requirements. For the time, you are physically living in Pennsylvania, you are considered as a Pennsylvania Resident and you are entitled to purchase firearm, including a handgun. You have to prove to State Police during crime check, beside who you are, ( NYS Driver License, Passport, photo IDs...) that are living in PA in form of two Utility Bills and ( definitely for handgun ) so called "...Government Issued Document..." Purely, owning the home in PA does not make you automatically a resident of PA for ATF purpose. If you have property tax bills sent to PA address, Income Tax Return with PA forms..., that would be sufficient to comply with ATF requirement. If your application will be denied, do not waste 60 days, waiting for answer to Challenge Form. Officer will tell you, what was the reason of denial. Simply, fill up a new form with what they want and pay for a new crime check app. BDW, State of Pennsylvania no longer issues non-driver photo ID if you have NYSDL .

(Delaware County)

Welcome Jacekzareba. If you take a look at the top of each post you can see the date of the last reply. this thread is over 3 years old.

(Pike County)

Yes, I noticed it, but this is the page, where I ended up, searching for a gun law for part time PA residents. I think, it is wiser to continue outdated post then create a new one for same subject. If you think, it does not bring any meaningful advise, I can simply delete it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123