Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Is Ruger missing a moment to make history?

Is Ruger missing a moment to make history? Profit? Be a major 1911 maker? I can't tell you the Gun shops and pawn shops nationwide or at least my state wide that are sold out of SR1911s and have a LONG waiting list.

Such market moments are few and between will the door slam of Ruger again.

Or will the PT1911 stay the best budget minded 1911 available.

I was lucky enough to buy one, it is a very nicely made 1911. Ruger has something but they may miss this moment in time.

Default Re: Is Ruger missing a moment to make history?

Perhaps you are correct. But, I support Ruger 1000% and buy their products consistantly. There are so many 1911 Makers out there, what would one more do? I think they are doing the smart thing and staying out of that particular model. Now, if they came out with the next XD or Glock to the entire gun world, AWESOME. Otherwise,there is nothing wrong with Rock Steady.

CL

I would imagine with the flooded 1911 market they thought it wouldn't take off the way it did. Glad I got mine.

(York County)

I have to agree with you on this. I think the greatly underestimated the demand for their product. I think this is especially true due to the "sweet spot" that it is selling at, that being, lower than Colt, Kimber, and Springfield, but a grade higher than say RIA, Taurus, etc. This is especially true if the quality I saw on the one I shot is any indicator.

I also think the "two-tone" effect they pulled on it really works nice and is somewhat different. It also just has a real "COLT" look to it, unlike Sig, Taurus, and S&W which have their own unique look.

I have my custom Colt Gold Cup, and .45 is not as cheap to shoot, so I myself would really like to see Ruger put this model out in 9mm. I don't need (2) .45's, but I can always shoot more 9mm. Maybe even a Commander sized 9mm? That would awesome.

- The Delta Force

(Westmoreland County)

I'm still holding out for one...gives me some time to save the coin up for the purchase!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    I'm still holding out for one...gives me some time to save the coin up for the purchase!
    Like Rocket said, hes holding out. Just like many people, I'm sure. I could almost see it helping their sales once more are available. It kinda creates that "jones" for one or the "buzz". "Oh man, you hear about that new Ruger 1911? Yeah, I cant wait to get one". Type of thing. People want what they cant have and as soon as more become available they will flock to their LGS to be first in line for the new shipment of SR1911's that just showed up. For all we know, they could have pallets of'em sitting in the warehouse just waiting to go out to the dealers at "the right time".

Whos better in that price point? No one I can think of.
    Last edited by brownman; December 16th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Chester County)

I've been patiently awaiting my SR1911 with a multitude of waiting lists.

Hopefully it will be just that sweeter when it finally comes in.

It does get me frustrated some days but then again, I just keep filling up the safe with other goodies while I wait
    Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeltaForce View Post
    I have to agree with you on this. I think the greatly underestimated the demand for their product. I think this is especially true due to the "sweet spot" that it is selling at, that being, lower than Colt, Kimber, and Springfield, but a grade higher than say RIA, Taurus, etc. This is especially true if the quality I saw on the one I shot is any indicator.

I also think the "two-tone" effect they pulled on it really works nice and is somewhat different. It also just has a real "COLT" look to it, unlike Sig, Taurus, and S&W which have their own unique look.

I have my custom Colt Gold Cup, and .45 is not as cheap to shoot, so I myself would really like to see Ruger put this model out in 9mm. I don't need (2) .45's, but I can always shoot more 9mm. Maybe even a Commander sized 9mm? That would awesome.

- The Delta Force
    RUGER ARE YA LISTENING? I second this.

(Monroe County)

If they amp up production they will lose their demand and be like HD after the New Millennium.
    Over producing and especially overproducing at the risk of poor quality control could really kill the market.

(Bucks County)

Meh.
    Just another 1911 copy that does not stick to the ordinance drawings.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast