Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: closing

(Northumberland County)

Default closing

what is the procedure for closing or deleting my ad in classified? I guess I'm not too bright, but I can't find it. HELP

Default Re: closing

Well like I said in my Private Message to you. I'll repeat it here again, with more information for you.

1. Go to the CLASSIFIED section where your FOR SALE thread is.

2. In the upper right hand corner of the thread you will see a drop down menu called THREAD TOOLS. Click that so the menu drops down.

3. You will see a section within there called MODERATION TOOLS. It should say something to the effect of CLOSE THREAD. Click that option and then click PERFORM ACTION.

4. Also read this, http://forum.pafoa.org/classifieds-5...ggestions.html
    And do what it tells you to do in the section titled, Quick Overview of Posting a Classified Ad follow the 4th point made in that section.

5. Your done. Nothing more to do, it is closed.
    Last edited by PA1936MN; December 15th, 2011 at 05:44 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA1936MN View Post
    Well like I said in my Private Message to you. I'll repeat it here again, with more information for you.

1. Go to the CLASSIFIED section where your FOR SALE thread is.

2. In the upper right hand corner of the thread you will see a drop down menu called THREAD TOOLS. Click that so the menu drops down.

3. You will see a section within there called MODERATION TOOLS. It should say something to the effect of CLOSE THREAD. Click that option and then click PERFORM ACTION.

4. Also read this, http://forum.pafoa.org/classifieds-5...ggestions.html
    And do what it tells you to do in the section titled, Quick Overview of Posting a Classified Ad follow the 4th point made in that section.

5. Your done. Nothing more to do, it is closed.
    >FACEPALM<

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

pay attention to the AD FORUM RULES... where in there does it say ANYTHING about closing your thread with the "moderation tools"?!?!!?

it DOESN'T. folks, PLEASE.. if you don't know what yer talking about...don't help!

DO NOT do ANYTHING but change the PREFIX to [CLOSED]

do NOT use the moderation tools, ALL you need to do is change the prefix to CLOSED.. all the other step does is LOCK your thread so YOU cant edit it.
    Last edited by JayBell; December 17th, 2011 at 02:15 AM.
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Lebanon County)

We were just through this a week or two ago.
    When it came around the first time I followed that procedure (only once) causing Jay to shake his head ruefully yet again. He set me straight, and he posteda reply that should have set everyone else straight too.

DON'T DO IT THAT WAY!

Use the "Go Advanced" edit feature and change the prefix to "Closed". It's that simple. While you're at it you can change or delete the text of your ad so you don't get someone in the future asking if you still have that item for sale. (Keep a minimum of 10 characters in the text of the ad though).
    If your ad is older than 30 days, change the text to indicate that the item is sold or no longer available then click the red triangle in the top right of the window, (to the right of the post # and the scales), and indicate that you want the thread closed and one of the mods will do it the proper way for you.
    It's quick and easy, and you'll not make extra work for someone.

Jay, I hope I helped this time instead of raising your blood pressure.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Monroe County)

I've been attempting to use the "closed" prefix going on 3 years and have yet to have it work. Just sayin'
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    I've been attempting to use the "closed" prefix going on 3 years and have yet to have it work. Just sayin'
    There is a bug that hasn't yet been resolved. If the post you're trying to edit is older than 30 days you can't change the prefix using the "Go Advanced" feature. That's why I included this in my previous post:

If your ad is older than 30 days, change the text to indicate that the item is sold or no longer available then click the red triangle in the top right of the window, (to the right of the post # and the scales), and indicate that you want the thread closed and one of the mods will do it the proper way for you.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.