Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default custom glock 27 value

Last week I finaly completed the G27 project with the exception of one item.

So today I took her to the range to try it out. While shooting two guys next to me approached me and asked about a WW2 1911 I was shooting. Then we started talking about the G27 and all the mods I made. The question that did come up was " how much is this gun now worthed if I wanted to sell it", not that I am thinking about it.

Here is what I did:

I purchased a Gen 3 slide and gutted it. I like this frame for the finish.

Purchased a gen 4 Frame and gutted it. I like gen 4 because of the straps and finish on the grips.

Then I installed :

Ameriglo Operator 2011 night sights

Titanium safety plunger

Zev SS extended drilled striker

Wolf 6 lbs springs kit

Marine cups

LCI extractor

Ghost tactical 5.0 lbs connector

Ghost tactical trigger with 0 after travel and 10% pretravel for carrying.

Storm Lake SS barrel, matched.

SS pins set, all 3.

Extended polished slide release

SS extended take down lever.

Tungstein 16 lbs recoil spring.

Only thing I am still thinking about is drilling the slide to lighten it up for a softer recoil, however I am very unsure about that.

It is obvious that the gun has been extensively modified for carrying purpose. It is very accurate, if that was even possible to improve. I shot groups of less then 2" consistently at out to 15 yds.

Why I did it? I don't really know, I just wanted to build my own gun, obviousely not manufacture. With the accessories that I felt were supposed to be on the gun.

Anyway, the question now is, how much is it worthed????

The glock store sell them at $ 1500+ with the same mods but lesser quality items in some cases, like the barrel. They use a wolf barrel which is not bad but inferior material is used in them. The cost of getting the slide cut is $ 200 including the finish, or $ 300 if cerakote.

What do you guys think?
    Remember this is a highly personalized gun, not something that most people would do. I dont expect for everybody to like it, but please refrain from being rude and obnoxious. Thanks

Here is a link to some pictures:

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/...rid%20project/
    E FLUCTIBUS IRRUIT IN HOSTEM. AECIDAE TELO IACET LIBATIS.

Default Re: custom glock 27 value

I wouldn't carry such a heavily modified gun, nor would I expect such modifications to significantly increase the value.

I would think you would take a beatin'. Better to part it out and sell it as stock as possible. I'm not sure why you didn't start with a Gen 4 to begin with. In the meanwhile, why think about that and just enjoy it. That's why you put it together in the first place.

(Delaware County)

400. 500 if you included original parts.
    Soldats ! Faites votre devoir ! Droit au cœur mais épargnez le visage. Feu !

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by radareclipse View Post
    I would think you would take a beatin'. Better to part it out and sell it as stock as possible. I'm not sure why you didn't start with a Gen 4 to begin with. In the meanwhile, why think about that and just enjoy it. That's why you put it together in the first place.

Absolutely.
    I started with what was available. I got a good deal on the slide, but I wanted the gen 4 frame because of its grip size. Mine its just a curiosity. I wont sell the gun anyway. My cost so far is around $ 1000, so yes I would take a beating.

(Cumberland County)

Wink Re: custom glock 27 value

custom guns are like custom cars or bikes. you never get your money out of them. the point is you built it for yourself so enjoy. on the rare occasion you may find a buyer that likes the mods you have done but it would still be a chore to get him to pay you what you have invested. after all the buyer could do the same and have everything new vs. buying yours that has been used. enjoy your custom piece, i am sure it was as much fun putting it together as shooting it. red dog

(Montgomery County)

Thank you. I certainly enjoyed the research. Talking to different people and finding out what part really worked or not. Trying to assemble something that worked and worked better then the original glock was definately a challenge. Most parts are not better then the glock parts, they just do their job a little different.

If I ever decide to sell it, I will take her back to the original glock, I still have all the parts.