Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default 1911 fusion in 357 sig

Well after six and a half weeks my kit arrived from Fusion Firearms finally arrived. The holdup was that I wanted it in 357 sig. I ordered a complete pistol in parts form, the barre,l slide and frame are prefitted, the barrel link and plunger tube are installed. The fit of all the parts is exceptional, very tight and precise, but a barrel bushing wrench is needed to remove barrel bushing. We will take pics of the parts kit and post them later today. Tomorrow I will be building it, only minor fitting of the safety required. Then we will take the pistol in raw steel to the range and break it in before cerakoting it. This thing is tight so I will be very careful how much coating I use to do the inside of the slide and the rails. I can't wait to shoot this one.

We will post pics of the build process as we go along this week.

PS. Also we are doing 6 SKS builds, some are being restored with original stocks and some with camo stocks and refurbished metal. Also One is getting a tactical makeover. I will put a thread in the rifle section later this week as we get some done. The first SKS is actually gone it was done with a blond color stock and it lasted a day here. I will include the finished pic of that one for you all as well.

Wish you all a Merry Christmas, Brian / EFR

Last edited by Brian Ahearn; December 13th, 2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Dad's Spelling and Grammer need work
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(York County)

Default Re: 1911 fusion in 357 sig

I've heard pretty good things about Fusion, so I hope this turns out well for you. I'd say their 10mm Bobtail Commanders are right up there with Dan Wesson's a while back.

.357 on 1911 platform sounds pretty neat.

- The Delta Force

(Northampton County)

Thats good to hear DeltaForce this is my first experience with this company and so far I am impressed.

(Centre County)

Pictures!!!

I have ordered many of their parts for my 1911's recently.
    While I did have some shipping issues with them, parts are really a well made and high quality. You should see how well GI plug that came with my $13 GI plug kit! Its friggin' fully machined from bar stock! Talk about overkill!
    If these small parts I ordered were any indication, they I would like to try their kit 1911 someday.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

(Monroe County)

Brian,

We'll have to see how my 1911 holsters work on it. It looked pretty standard so I don't foresee a problem. Just another model to add to the list. Still planning on running it Sat morn?

(Northampton County)

I am assembling it now we are going to shoot it whether I have it coated or not. This bad boy is tight I figure we have to shoot it just to be able to coat it. I already have the pics of the parts My son will add them to this post tonight and we will take pics of the assembled pistol and get those up as soon as possible. I have two different color/textured grips so I'm not sure what color combo to make this yet.
    Last edited by Brian Ahearn; December 13th, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Subscribed.

Always wanted a good quality 1911 but never really had the spare change. I'll be interested in what the final cost of the build was and all the parts you used. May be something I will have to look it in the future.

(Northampton County)

Just finished with my basic assembly, in my rush to put this together I did not check my parts list to see if everything was here and of course I am missing a couple of minor things like grip screws / bushings. Also missing the top section in the mainspring housing that the hammer strut pushes down on when cocked. So we have a pistol that's almost ready to shoot. I stole the main spring piece out of my combat commander so that tomorrow morning I can finish adjusting the trigger and finalizing safety fit and function. I already left Bob at Fusion Firearms a message about my missing parts so he can ship them to me, but since I want to shoot it before the weekend I will stop at sarco in the morning and pick up these missing parts. When the missing parts arrive I will just throw them in my parts box for spares. My son is getting all the parts photos and rough complete pistol photos in the computer so we can get them posted tonight. We did the photos with tan VZ grips, We liked those better than the other grips I got. I think we will coat this in OD green with black parts and go with the tan grips.
    Last edited by Brian Ahearn; December 13th, 2011 at 04:23 PM.

In for pics and review.

p.s. will be contacting you this week about bring my 2011 Fusion up to you to be refinished. Just have to decide if i want to shoot it this weekend at a match or just bite the bullet and get it to you....
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Northampton County)

My son finally got the pics up ,he put them with the first post, check them out ,tomorrow I will shoot it and debug problems that could occur. During the build process I had to fit the following:firing pin stop, ejector to mag fit, safety, slide to safety alignment-minor issue,and sights ,adjust trigger travel minor sear fitting/stoning about 2 hours total. Now we can brake it in and then tear it down to coat. Brian/ EFR

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast