Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Perry County)

Default Walther PPK Value?

My uncle has one that he wants to sell me. The serial # is 276XXXK and he has a holster and the capture paperwork. The holster looks to be a 1/2" to 1" long so I'm guessing it's not correct but I do think it's from the same ERA and the bluing is original but worn. Any ideas on a value. He said it came from a Nazi war criminal. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Walther PPK Value?

Pictures to gauge condition (original finish remaining, pitting, matching numbers, grip color & condition, etc.) would help but a rough estimate for a good wartime PPK is probably $800-1,000 or so. A lot of people will pay more for the capture papers, especially if they have the gun's serial number (not all did). Prices can go well north of $1,500 for a rarer specimen in excellent condition with papers.

(Philadelphia County)

With all due respect to fellow forumites, I usually direct my vintage Walther inquiries here:

http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/
    Sig, Walther, Colt, and S&W, of course.

(Bucks County)

Funny enough...This question is something I was going to ask.

Turns out my grandfather has 2 bring back PPK's in .32 ACP from WWII. One was his and the other was his brothers. Both have paper work (with serial numbers). Both have holsters.

One of the PPK's has the N with the crown and the other has the N with the eagle. One of the holsters has nazi markings. The other has none. I don't recall which is which but one is black and one is brown.

There are 3 magazines between the 2 guns. None of them have the pinky extension.

The blueing on the guns is in pretty good shape (80-90%) but the grips look like they are starting to crack a bit.

Right now my dad has (so no pictures unfortunately) them but I stand to inherit them. I have no intention of selling, but I would love to get a better idea of what they are worth as a set (without having to join another forum ).

There is no rust on either of the guns either which surprised me since they were both in the holsters.

One of them was even loaded and the ammo all turned green. Obviously the ammo was bought after the war at some point.

-Zach