Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Knife stores in York County?

Hi all,

I am researching the purchase of my first EDC knife. I'd like to take a look at them in person first before I buy. Where can I go in York County that has a good selection of folding carry knives? In particular, I'm looking at Benchmade, Spyderco, and Emerson. Thanks for your time.

Chris

(York County)

Default Re: Knife stores in York County?

Although it isn't in York County, the Country Knives shop in Lancaster is an amazing place. Prices are on the high side, but if you do some research and find some models that you like......they have EVERYTHING and you can go there to fondle them and make your decision. Www.countryknives.com

For me, I have found that the assisted open knives from Kershaw are outstanding EDC knives. I use my pocket folder every single day and use it hard. Kershaw has been very reliable and they have a policy that for the lifetime of the knife, you can send it back to them to be 'tuned up' and sharpened at no cost. (other than shipping to them). Wally world here in York seems to have a small selection of Kershaw and SOG knives at very good prices. I am currently carrying a Kershaw Blur w/tanto partially serrated blade I bought there for $55.

Hope this helps!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnUSCG View Post
    Although it isn't in York County, the Country Knives shop in Lancaster is an amazing place. Prices are on the high side, but if you do some research and find some models that you like......they have EVERYTHING and you can go there to fondle them and make your decision. Www.countryknives.com

For me, I have found that the assisted open knives from Kershaw are outstanding EDC knives. I use my pocket folder every single day and use it hard. Kershaw has been very reliable and they have a policy that for the lifetime of the knife, you can send it back to them to be 'tuned up' and sharpened at no cost. (other than shipping to them). Wally world here in York seems to have a small selection of Kershaw and SOG knives at very good prices. I am currently carrying a Kershaw Blur w/tanto partially serrated blade I bought there for $55.

Hope this helps!
    It's worth the trip~go look at everything, maybe buy there or elsewhere but they have the selection
    USMC 2/10 1982-85
    ~REMEMBER FT. HOOD~

(York County)

Yeah Country Knives has an unbelievable amount of selection, I haven't found them to be terribly friendly though. You would think that for the prices they are charging they could be a little more nice. I suspect most of there buisiness is driven by being around the Amish tourism. There is a sign for the place every quarter mile for like 3 miles. Nobody that is a repeat customer needs that many signs to get there. They seem to treat people like they will never see them again IMO.

For example, a Delica 4 can be had at Cabelas (standard colors) for around $60, $50 at Ebay (any config), but $110 at country knives. Now they are going to have any color or edge combination you could want and you can have it right away, but your going to pay.

A Spyderco Military in every config except Titanium on Ebay-$150, country knives charges $230 for a base G-10 scaled with a plain edge.

I go there to fondle, then Ebay to buy.

My vote for an EDC is a Delica or if you can manage the size, the Military is a great knife as well.

Laymans Gun shop in East Prospect has a surprising number of Benchmade knives, blue box AND black box, for the big spenders , no Spyerco though. I played with an Infidel for a few minutes last time I was in (out the front Auto $450 MSRP).
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by YBNORMAL View Post
    Yeah Country Knives has an unbelievable amount of selection, I haven't found them to be terribly friendly though. You would think that for the prices they are charging they could be a little more nice. I suspect most of there buisiness is driven by being around the Amish tourism. There is a sign for the place every quarter mile for like 3 miles. Nobody that is a repeat customer needs that many signs to get there. They seem to treat people like they will never see them again IMO.

For example, a Delica 4 can be had at Cabelas (standard colors) for around $60, $50 at Ebay (any config), but $110 at country knives. Now they are going to have any color or edge combination you could want and you can have it right away, but your going to pay.

A Spyderco Military in every config except Titanium on Ebay-$150, country knives charges $230 for a base G-10 scaled with a plain edge.

I go there to fondle, then Ebay to buy.

My vote for an EDC is a Delica or if you can manage the size, the Military is a great knife as well.

Laymans Gun shop in East Prospect has a surprising number of Benchmade knives, blue box AND black box, for the big spenders , no Spyerco though. I played with an Infidel for a few minutes last time I was in (out the front Auto $450 MSRP).
    I've always found them to be friendly and fully support their products. I've bought several knives from them, one of them I dropped and the grips came off. I dropped it off down there, they fixed it, sharpened it and returned it to me at no charge. It's a family run shop and I cannot recall a time of being in there where they were anything less than friendly.

I'll agree that their prices can be kind of high, but for knives, I like to go to a store and handle them than just ordering something online. I'm kind of picky that way, and I don't mind helping out a local business. They have some excellent kitchen knives in there, I wish I had the cash to buy a full set.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Well, it must be that they are jealous of my rugged good looks and have a hard time not showing it when I'm in there . I just heva never get a good vibe when I'm in there <shrugs>.
    The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
    Ayn Rand

(York County)

Country knives is heaven for Spyderco fans (Which is me). Prices are crazy. I agree with everyone else I fondle there and buy elsewhere.

Try Sharpernow.com. Its not a storefront but the owner is super nice and has great prices and I mean great prices. Shoot him an E-mail or call and you can pick up your order from him in Mechanicsburg.

You need to drive out to Seaford on Long Island and visit the Bladesman and visit TnT Gunnery. They have a lot of knives variety with beautiful pocket folders or covers to carry knife.

(York County)

There aren't too many places I've been to that have a huge selection of cutlery. For benchmade I go to Chris over at Vigilance Tactical. Once in a while I'll check out the tobacco place at the Park City mall, although I never buy from them because everything's at retail price. I'm going to have to take a ride over to country knives some day if the selection is what you guys say it is. I too am one that likes to fondle first then find the cheapest price online.

(Cumberland County)

I'm basically a knife store. I only keep Spyderco in stock though.