Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Huge price change on DD Omega Rail on Midway USA

So I have been eyeing the Daniel Defense Omega handguard quad rail with the cut out for the FSP. I was looking on Midway USA and I found it for $199 which I thought was a great price. Well too bad it was sold out. So I clicked on the email me when available. So I got the email today and the price is no $306!!!

What is up the the 50% price increase? Just sounds like a huge price jump, maybe they were selling too many and they realized they could make more?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/944...la=ProdArrival

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Huge price change on DD Omega Rail on Midway USA

There was a brief period earlier this year, maybe late last year, that the Omega X 12.0 FSP was sold for around $200 in many sites, not just Midway. All the sites changed their price to ~$300 soon after, but Midway was the last that still had it listed for $200 until now. I'm not sure why the price change. If you really want it, keep an eye out for it in the ar15.com forum. I've seen them sold there for around $200...I know, I sold 1 for $200 a while back.

Alternatively, get the Troy BattleRail 12" MRF-CX. It's nearly identical to the DD. It's the last one on this page: http://troyind.com/battlerails/mrf-battlerails

Al
    Last edited by mythaeus; December 8th, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Lancaster County)

Just seems odd that the price would just so much on the same exact item. Does that troy handguard mount in a similar manner. After reading the manual it looks pretty straightforward.

I have been trying to become a member on AR15.com but I use a gmail account and they wont let me join unless I use a paid for email service. I am pretty ticked to be honest. Gunbroker is giving me a hard time for that as well.

Arfcom was fairly annoying to sign up to. If you use an ISP like Comcast, you should have free email accounts that you can set up. Once you get your account set up, you can change your email address to one that you actually use.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredxlt View Post
    Just seems odd that the price would just so much on the same exact item. Does that troy handguard mount in a similar manner. After reading the manual it looks pretty straightforward.

I have been trying to become a member on AR15.com but I use a gmail account and they wont let me join unless I use a paid for email service. I am pretty ticked to be honest. Gunbroker is giving me a hard time for that as well.
    Both DD and Troy rails are pretty easy to install. DD requires its special barrel nut wrench that you have to buy separately, while Troy includes its wrench for free. I personally think you get more value for your money with Troy rails considering the typical ones go for around $150 vs. DD $250+. The 2 manufacturers are on the same level in my eyes.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama