Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Clearfield County)

Default Re: 'Run the Serial Number...'

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    must spread rep
    I thought this was overturned and now there is. It just doesn't show if the weapon was bought in another state or if you moved here they won't show up.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Sadly, this^^^^
    What do you say when they immediately say do you have a weapon on you? If I say no and have to move a certain way and he catches a glimpse I'm screwed with a pistol drawn on me. Face first on the ground. It was litterally the second question as I'm getting my papers out.
    Multi-Quote This Message

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerndt View Post
    What do you say when they immediately say do you have a weapon on you? If I say no and have to move a certain way and he catches a glimpse I'm screwed with a pistol drawn on me. Face first on the ground. It was litterally the second question as I'm getting my papers out.
    Multi-Quote This Message
    First, welcome to the forum.

Second, this topic has been discussed ad nauseum herein. As a new member, it would behoove you to spend some time learning to use the search feature(s) available.

Third, the generally accepted response to that question among members here seems to be "I have nothing illegal".

Allow me to provide another response, which you may or may not wish to use based on your level of comfort with your rights: "What does that have to do with why you stopped me?"

Admittedly, many (not all) of the situations you will read about here are based on being stopped while driving a car, and being on a bike is a special circumstance. You don't want to lie when the evidence is right in their face. If I'm in my car and concealed then my firearm(s) should be of no concern to the popo until I need to get out, at which point I will calmly inform them that I am legally armed and where it is. Of course, by the time a PA officer is asking me out of the car, his system has already informed him that I have my LTCF, so there *shouldn't* be any surprises.

If you're just here to vent about the unexpected roadside buttsex - we hear ya. If you're here to prevent it in the future - take time during your self-quarantine (or, you know, the weekend) and search around.

I see on COPS and LIVE PD the officers ask, ''Do you have anything you're not supposed to have?'' or ''Have you ever been in any trouble?''

Who do they think they're talking to? A 5yr old?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guerndt View Post
    Multi-Quote This Message
    One option is to quote them section 21 of the commonwealth constitution. Literally asking the such a question is a violation of my rights. Of course I open carry, they usually see it.

Last time I was stopped they never asked. A bit into the stop the trooper that had went on the right side of the car said (kind of scared like) “he has a gun”. The female trooper who was at my weekend just kept fishing to figure out if I’d been drinking. After he repeated himself, like you know, she hadn’t heard him, she asked if I had a LTCF. I told her I did, she asked to see it, I handed it to her, she glanced at it, and handed it back. Never said anything else about it or the gun.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Bucks County)

she asked if I had a LTCF
    Gotta wonder the response had you replied, "yes I do", and handed her a copy of the 2nd amendment.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Gotta wonder the response had you replied, "yes I do", and handed her a copy of the 2nd amendment.
    Pfft. The 2nd is week. Section 21 of the commonwealth’s constitution is much better.

But really I could hear her eyes rolling at the way the trooper she was stuck with was acting. I had already told her I was heading home after a Dungeons & Dragons game. Lots of hardened criminals with 2 car seats in their Jeep Liberty leaving those events.

Although maybe I should get it printed up on a card and laminated, with my photo.
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; March 15th, 2020 at 11:45 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    Last time I was stopped they never asked. A bit into the stop the trooper that had went on the right side of the car said (kind of scared like) “he has a gun”.

The motorist's response should be, "So do YOU!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

There are so many guns out there. It's a terrible situation.

(Spoken by a retired/quit strong-armer)
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    hour and a half
    Guerndt, remind the stasi that the "database" is incomplete, and illegal under PA constitution
    Hour and a half is pure crap. The Supreme Court has clearly stated a reasonable detainment is 15-20 minutes. You want to get a dog, illegally run my serial number or whatever, on a traffic stop, I'm going to politely bow out at the 20 minute mark. Got a problem with that? Bring your supervisor to my lawyer's office and we'll have a chat. Oh yes, bring my gun back too, because if you don't, I'll recover those legal fees per state law.

Please Guerndt, do some reading on the forum, learn form our experience, and proceed to file a formal complaint.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast