Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Sullivan County)

Default Pro Gun PA Congressional Candidate ?

Here is the Demokratic candidate who is opposing Joe Pitts (R) in PA this fall. He claims to be an avid sportsman and supports gun rights for sportsmen and hunting:

http://http://www.slaterforcongress.com/issue02_2nd.htm
    Issue...

Bruce on Second Amendment

I have been an avid outdoors-man my whole life. I have been active in the shooting and hunting sports. I also appreciate and understand the impact of the shooting sports on the economy in much of Pennsylvania and I am proud to be part of the strongest group supporting conservation of our forests and waterways. Hunting license fees have helped preserve 1.4 million acres of open space in Pennsylvania.

I am also a strong defender of the Second Amendment which guarantees our right to enjoy those sports. However, no real sportsman wants to see guns in the hands of kids. I support trigger-locks.

No real sportsman wants to see guns in the hands of criminals on the street. We must confront modern day reality. Gun controls are needed. I support, therefore, the efforts of legislators, our police, and representatives of our sport who work together to close the loop holes that make it easy for criminals to get guns and who advocate tougher punishments for felons who use them in the commission of a crime.

We need to focus on public safety; we must put gun violators in jail. We must enforce mandatory sentencing and discourage plea bargains. We need to repeal laws that allow straw buyer purchasing. We must close the gun sale loop holes to ensure that criminals do not have easy access to weapons.

I am also a strong defender of the Second Amendment which guarantees our right to enjoy those sports. However, no real sportsman wants to see guns in the hands of kids. I support trigger-locks.

I have read and reread the Second Amendment and I could find no place within the contents of the Second Amendment that guarantees the rights of US citizens to "enjoy" hunting and shooting sports.

I know I am legally blind in one eye, but am I missing something here?

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Pro Gun PA Congressional Candidate ?

No, you're not missing anything, this guy is a gun grabber who thinks (perhaps rightfully so) that he can get by with pandering to the Elmer Fudd's of PA and ignoring what the 2A is really about.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pro Gun PA Congressional Candidate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunpaq View Post
    I have read and reread the Second Amendment and I could find no place within the contents of the Second Amendment that guarantees the rights of US citizens to "enjoy" hunting and shooting sports.

I know I am legally blind in one eye, but am I missing something here?
    Nope. As NineseveN says, this guy is anti-2A. Here's what a real stateman says about the purpose of the Second amendment:
    The Second amendment is not about hunting deer or keeping a pistol in your nightstand. It is not about protecting oneself against common criminals. It is about preventing tyranny. The Founders knew that unarmed citizens would never be able to overthrow a tyrannical government as they did.... By banning certain weapons today, we may plant the seeds for tyranny to flourish ten, thirty, or fifty years from now.

www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=301